PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

The MSE Forum will be undergoing some maintenance this evening. As a result, some users may experience temporary performance issues. Please use the Site Feedback board to report anything major. Thank you for your patience.

The NEW waiting to exchange thread...

Comments

• AprilR
    AprilR Posts: 35
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    We're completing today as well 😊
    Haven't packed anything and no van booked, we're first time buyers living with parents, so we haven't got to move straight out. However I'd like to stay in it straight away 😛. We have furniture etc to take with us so we'll need to try and book a van for tomorrow or wait a little while.
    My partner is working unfortunately, so I will be getting the keys by myself. We have champagne and chocolate at the ready, just need to buy some champagne flutes 😂. Good luck to everyone!
  • houndour
    houndour Posts: 127 Forumite
    Good luck April.

No phone call yet.

House is nearly empty.

All I can say is I'm glad we didn't move ourselves. We would have been here forever.
  • happytails
    happytails Posts: 1,554
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Interesting to see how quickly all your purchases are progressing. I am still trying to renegotiate the price after a few things came up on survey, I expect the vendor will soon get fed up and look for another buyer.

Happytails and LuckyG, are you buying in England? Just puzzled why the solicitor needs to see marriage certificates as it's not something I've been asked for.

Im guessing in my case its because me and hubby bought the house before we married, so in my maiden name and they just want clarification?

houndour wrote: »
    Today is the the day. I must be doing ok if I'm sat here reading mse. Although got the fridge to clean. So better get on. Good luck Luckyg today.

Anyone else completing today?

Oooh exciting - good luck!

We are taking the kids (and my mum!) to see the house later, the vendors are lovely. We've kept it a surprise so the kids have no idea :D:D:D
    DFW Total £21,800 to clear by Dec 2022
    MFW Total £184,950 £179,066 to clear by 2035
  • bm147
    bm147 Posts: 27 Forumite
    Joining in... FTB, seller moving in to a vacant house (probate granted), so very small chain, if you can even call it a chain!

1/6/17 (AM) - 1st offer made
    1/6/17 (AM) - Offer Rejected
    1/6/17 (PM) - 2nd Offer (best and final) made
    1/6/17 (PM) - Offer Accepted!!
    2/6/17 - Full mortgage application submitted... Nail biting begun!
    6/6/17 - Further docs requested and submitted
    15/6/17 - Mortgage company valuation takes place
    21/6/17 - Mortgage offer received!!!!
    22/6/17 - Solicitor instructed
    3/7/17 - Searches received back and enquiries raised
    26/7/17 - Answers to enquiries received from sellers solicitor (who knew 4 questions could take so long to answer!!!
    27/7/17 - Email estate agent asking what the plan is, why there has been complete radio silence.. Seller has been renegotiating her purchase price, agent estimates completion will be 16-18th Aug!

And so the waiting continues....
  • toc25
    toc25 Posts: 237 Forumite
    Can't believe the old thread disappeared?? :(
    I can't even remember all the dates for my timeline now. It all started early May and we won't be moving in till at the very earliest the end of September! That's if we are lucky could be even longer. All due to a new build at the top of the chain that isn't complete and the vendor won't go in to rented. Patience isn't my strong point so it's not an ideal situation. :rotfl:

I can't start packing or do anything because I have no date. Get the feeling I won't have a date right up till the last minute! :eek:

Congratulations to everyone who has completed and good luck to those who are about to. I'm very jealous. :beer:
  • LuckyG
    LuckyG Posts: 226 Forumite
    da_rule wrote: »
    Why are you picking up keys on exchange, or are you doing simultaneous exchange/completion?

I meant complete, not exchange. We exchanged on 21st.

Anyway, we completed today, I came home from nights at 8am, had a bath and went straight to bed.

9.30am I get the call to pick up the keys :j

I can't believe I actually said "I'll pick them up in a few hours". I managed to sleep a little until 12 and then we collected the keys.

All we've managed to do today is give the kitchen and bathrooms a good clean, my husband is changing the locks in the morning.

It all feels quite surreal at the moment, but very exciting :)
  • LuckyG
    LuckyG Posts: 226 Forumite
    Interesting to see how quickly all your purchases are progressing. I am still trying to renegotiate the price after a few things came up on survey, I expect the vendor will soon get fed up and look for another buyer.

Happytails and LuckyG, are you buying in England? Just puzzled why the solicitor needs to see marriage certificates as it's not something I've been asked for.

Wales.

Nationwide wanted my marriage certificate as one of my payslips had my maiden name on it. I've only recently got married.
  • houndour
    houndour Posts: 127 Forumite
    We're in.

It's all gone quite smooth. Keys were ready at 12:30. The house is filthy :( My buyers probably don't know how lucky they are in terms of having a clean house to move straight into.

The oven is just caked in burnt food. We're going to get it professionally cleaned.

Mum and I spent all afternoon cleaning the kitchen within an inch of it's life.

So much to do. So much to clean. It needs new everything. Walls need plastering, painting, new kitchen, carpets...lots and lots to do. Am slightly daunted, but excited. It's no where near as big a project as our first house, but it feels different this time. The last house was always temporary....even at 10 years. This time I want to do it right...no shortcuts :)
  • sukavi2011
    sukavi2011 Posts: 72
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Hi all, did get bit confused when couldn't find the other thread ,had buyer for mine but was worried after 2 prev fell through and 1 purchase fell through since Aug last year. Anyway this time got my buyer and also had offer accepted back in April. Am almost done, fingers crossed. solicitor waiting on a couple things back from vendor and then its a case of arranging exchange and completion. Am more than half packed up, having had good clearout of shed, loft, etc last year. Cant wait to get into new place, am downsizing now kids have flown the nest. Good luck to everyone x x
  • I offered mid May, waiting to exchange ATM but had problems with forms and documents so waiting for new ones and enquiries from vendor solicitor at the moment. No chain so it's quite slow I suppose for what should be a simple purchase but the longer I'm a home the more I save...

However I find the more I wait and the more queries I ask the more I wonder if I'm doing the right thing ... worries about property market, is the property right for me (single woman, ftb, buying a house... wondering if I'll regret the decision if I meet someone or what if I struggle to pay my bills or lose my job as it's just me doing it...)

Does anyone else feel anxious constantly about their purchase or are you all excited and don't feel nervous at all? I really like the property and there's nothing similar within my budget... but I feel like I'm a crazy person at the moment and swing from this is the best idea ever to what the hell am I doing this for depending on the hour of the day ...
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback