And so it begins: The Pig Vs The Mortgage

Comments

• pinkypig
    pinkypig Posts: 1,814 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Karmacat wrote: »
    And happy last-sleep-before-the-holidays to you :):):)

Thanks Karma:)
    CathT wrote: »
    Smashing that fuel budget!

A relaxing weekend sounds well deserved and a great plan.

:rotfl: will make sure I OP that penny Cath :p
    Enjoy your last day today. I know my daughter is she’s a senior school teacher. Just finished her NQT year and totally exhausted. All you teachers throughly deserve your long break. So much of your own time is used up doing school work. They are lucky there’s people who still want to teach.
    Our daughter is moving back home to teach and my son & husband are going down tomorrow to move her over the weekend with a van. Luckily she’s mov8ng into our Annex next door. Any way have a lovely weekend x

Hiya MMP :wave:

I hope your daughter enjoys her break - NQT years are so tough:eek: Good luck with the move, it'll be nice for you all to have her close by :)
    Original mortgage £112,000 . Final payment due August 2027.
    Mortgage neutral achieved August 2020 - 7 years early!!!
  • pinkypig
    Made it :j:j:j. Six lovely weeks of practising for retirement:rotfl:

Today has been really nice although tinged with a little sadness as my bigger ones move on to pastures new. I'll miss (most!) of them but they're ready which is nice :)

We finished after lunch so I went to the pub for a coup!e of hours which was good fun as we were all a bit demob happy! After that it was home, an easy dinner of steak, Mediterranean pasta salad and salad leaves. It was ready in no time and was yummy:). We don't have steak very often so it always feels like a treat. Aldi have four thin cut steaks for £2.49 and they are lovely.

I had a nsd despite the pub as we were all treated to a drink twice which was unexpected and very kind:)

I've no other news except I've got DS a new sim contract as he needs more data than he has. It's more expensive but much better value with 500 minutes, unlimited texts and 8 GB of data for £10. It also caps usage so no nasty surprises and unused data is rolled over. He also paying for it himself now he's working :)
    I'm off to bed and will not be setting an alarm! Tomorrow is currently a blank canvas so we'll see what it brings.

Happy Friday to you:)

PP xx
  • Happy Holidays...
    Outstanding mortgage: £23,181 (December 19)
    MFW 2020 Challenge Member #10 0/£2318
  • Enjoy practising for retirement :D
  • Moneyfordreams
    Moneyfordreams Posts: 2,442 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    hope you have a lovely break :)
    Mortgage restart June 2018 £119950Re mortgage August 19 £110470, … Mortgage November 22 £85600 final 0% CC 3300Home renovations - £65000, mid 2018 - mid 2022
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Great post, PP - hope you've been having a lovely morning, coffee, reading in bed, the whole nine yards :)
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • julicorn
    julicorn Posts: 2,281 Forumite
    Enjoy your summer holidays, you really earned it!
    Original mortgage: December 2017, £203,495
    MFW start: April 2018, £201,800
    Mortgage neutral: September 2022, mortgage redeemed: December 2022
    New house, new mortgage: December 2022, £276,007
    Current balance: £217,800 minus £8,300 overpayment savings pot
  • rtandon27
    rtandon27 Posts: 4,530 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    oooo - Happy First Day of Holibobs!!!:j:j:j:j:j
    4 YEARS 10 MONTHS DEBT FREE!!! (24 OCT 2016)
    (With heartfelt thanks to those who have gone before us & their indubitable generosity.)
    ...and now I have a mortgage! (23 AUG 2021)
    17 YEARS 4 MONTHS LEFT OF 20 YEARS
  • CathT
    CathT Posts: 7,115 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Practising for retirement, I like that.

We should have it perfected by the time we get there!
    Apr 2024 - part 1 - £30,337 part 2 - £24,811 Total - £55,148 43 months to go!
  • pinkypig
    Evening lovely mfw buddies :wave: so nice of you to pop in. Now I'm in pretend retirement mode I shall be catching up on everyone else's diaries . Looking forward to seeing what you're all up to :D

Today has been a good day. I must confess to feeling a bit weary but that's not unusual at the start of the summer but I'm sure I'll be raring to go very soon.
    I woke at 6 (why does that happen when you're determined to get into holiday mode? :rotfl:) but had coffee in bed (two in fact Karma:D) and read for a couple of hours which never loses its sense of indulgence - it's a blissful start to any weekend. I then got out for a run and did 20 minutes weights and then made the kids pancakes for breakfast. Most of the day was spent watching ds play cricket which gave me a proud mum moment of two:)

In money news it was a nsd :j. Other small steps to freedom and Well being included;

Changed my bed and got the linen line dried and back on

A load of laundry line dried and put away and another lot pegged out.
    Whites soaking overnight in washing soda

Lo pasta salad for lunch and sc chickpea and spinach curry for dinner

Got Pac code for ds's new sim and got talked into discussing my Talk Talk package. Free sim for me, basic tv and catch up channels, phone line, fibre optic broadband down from £26.50 to £22 per month:money: really happy with the service and the broadband speed so good to get it a bit cheaper without having to switch. Every bit helps:)

Helped DS set up a standing order into his savings account - determined to get him into good habits!

Having a catch up on Hidden before picking DS up from his friend's house then it'll be bed for a reasonably ok bedtime but I'm determined to get to bed by 10.30 as a rule. I'm also going to mull over some sensible goals for the next couple of weeks.

Happy Saturday to you :):)

PP xx
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback