Options
18910111214»

Comments

• neilmcl
    neilmcl Posts: 19,460 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    LadyDee wrote: »
    Looking around my home there's very little that didn't come from Amazon. Now that the high street is non-existent and the super duper shiny new town centre is all coffee shops, eating places and a few over-priced "designer" shops, oh and a virtually empty new "flagship" M&S there's hardly anything worth buying.
    Who's fault is that.
  • Prinzessilein
    Prinzessilein Posts: 3,257 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I've posted already about being a highly satisfied regular Amazon customer...

Last week, I ordered an item on Prime, I arrived as promised the following day...when I tried it, the item was faulty (not an issue that Amazon could have foreseen) ...I went online, and submitted a request to return it...I immediately got the option for a replacement or a refund, I chose the refund...printed off the return label, took it to the local newsagents yesterday (they are our local drop-off for Amazon) at about 10am...before 11am I had an email confirming the refund...can't complain about service like that!
  • Spank
    Spank Posts: 1,751 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    I think I'll stick with Amazon

Electric toothbrush died yesterday after i stupidly dropped it, figured I will use it as a manual for a couple of days and went for free (non prime) delivery (25th earliest) it's out for delivery today.
  • meer53
    meer53 Posts: 10,217 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'm a happy Amazon customer too. Do your homework and you won't be ripped off. And remember, if it sounds too good to be true, it usually is. Be realistic about what you're paying for stuff and you won't have any problems.
  • pmduk
    pmduk Posts: 10,655 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I don't think the OP has had his desired effect with this thread No mass MSE boycott! Or perhaps he works for Amazon's PR company.
  • Robby1988
    Robby1988 Posts: 182 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 31 July 2018 at 8:49AM
    Options
    Amazon Prime is a mighty effective service in regard to getting you spending more, I stopped my Prime subscription earlier this year and I am much richer for it. You just buy loads of stuff you probably wouldn't bother with otherwise, just because it's convenient.

I am a lorry driver who does a lot of work moving Amazon parcels, people have no idea how many extra lorries on the road are required and how many lorries run half empty to deliver the next day delivery promise. Dragging around a trailer 200 miles with about 2 pallets on the back just because the stuff has to go at a certain time not uncommon. Something to think about.
  • Stoke
    Stoke Posts: 3,182 Forumite
    Options
    I've done the occasional return but I have legitimate reasons (item didn't work for example). It appears to be frivolous returns that they ban people for. They have a lot of people that buy things to instantly return them once they have done whatever it is they need to do.

There are guys on the internet who buy a new iPhone outright, video themselves unboxing it, then return it. These are the people Amazon want off their site. They cost the business money and they are taking advantage of the free returns policy. If you want to play around with an iPhone, go into the Carphone warehouse shop.
  • happyandcontented
    Options
    I use Prime almost every other day, for large and small items. I do check prices elsewhere though, but very rarely is there a big enough difference to make up for the convenience of next day delivery or even 2 hour delivery for some items.
    Any minor complaints I have had have been dealt with very well.

I wouldn't be without Prime now.
  • Francesanne
    Francesanne Posts: 2,081 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    We'd be lost without Prime & we certainly get value for the yearly subscription. I just love the efficiency and convenience of using it. Find the prices very competitive and if slightly higher for certain items it's worth the expense. The thought of trawling endless shops to find they don't stock item or is out of stock is nightmare. Small example of recent purchase on Prime. My husband needed paddle for mixing cement. We found the perfect item for just over £5.00 and no traipsing round the likes of Wickes etc. where it would have been more expensive.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure