Aldi - Mamia Formula

Options
2»

Comments

• FreddieFrugal
    FreddieFrugal Posts: 1,750 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi all, I tried this again today. Just to see if it had been a bad batch. Can't help but try and be money saving! But it's exactly the same problems.

Just doesn't dissolve very readily and it clumps together in the container.

I'll use it up this time. He's having so little milk now anyway. But won't buy again.
    Mortgage remaining: £42,260 of £77,000 (2.59% til 03/18 - 2.09% til 03/23)

Savings target June 18 - £22,281.99 / £25,000
  • Top_Girl
    Top_Girl Posts: 1,211 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I couldn't breastfeed Top Boy.

So I gave him formula, or as you call it, cow's milk to stop him dying.

Hope that's alright with you, pal

*rolls eyes so hard, I'm checking out my own backside*
  • Magerit
    Magerit Posts: 10 Forumite
    edited 4 October 2017 at 12:05PM
    Options
    Breastfeeding is always the cheapest and easiest way to feed the baby, but unfortunately not everyone is allowed to do so. Some people cannot breastfeed and some are not allowed to breastfeed because they have to take medication.
    However, I also think it is important that you don't start experimenting with baby milk, because this is always at the baby's expense. This is the best site for baby articles and baby food:
    https://myorganicformula.com/collections/hipp-organic-formula
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,586 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Breast feeding is free :)

Why feed a baby cow food?

Maybe because we don't live in a dictatorship and parents are free to make that choice?

Ah knew this was going to turn into a breast feeding v bottle feeding thread.

Wonder if that was the aim of the OP?

Exactly what I was thinking.
    While I have sympathy with those of you who wanted to breast feed and couldn't I'm happy to admit that I just didn't want to. My choice.
  • Kynthia
    Kynthia Posts: 5,668 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Magerit wrote: »
    Breastfeeding is always the cheapest and easiest way to feed the baby, but unfortunately not everyone is allowed to do so. Some people cannot breastfeed and some are not allowed to breastfeed because they have to take medication.
    However, I also think it is important that you don't start experimenting with baby milk, because this is always at the baby's expense.

Breastfeeding isn't always the easiest way, although it does have advantages beyond the obvious. Going on holiday without worrying about how to sterilise bottles in a hotel and researching where to buy milk certainly would have been nice.

However accusing a parent of 'experimenting' at their baby's expense just for buying a new brand of baby formula, sold in this country which will comply with stringent rules and regulations, is a low blow. It's a shame a post about feeding a baby can't help but deteriorate to judgements and digs when we are all just trying our best as parents.
    Don't listen to me, I'm no expert!
  • lulu_92
    lulu_92 Posts: 2,758 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    My sister is using the Aldi Mamia milk on her twins and says it's absolutely fine. I would have tried it but I only noticed it when my twins were nearly one so I didn't see the point in switching when we were almost ready to put them onto cow's milk anyway.
    Our Rainbow Twins born 17th April 2016
    :A 02.06.2015 :A
    :A 29.12.2018 :A

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills