MSE News: Airline price transparency to be investigated

2»

Comments

• Consumerist
    Consumerist Posts: 6,310
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    callum9999 wrote: »
    On Ryanair these are all added on the 2nd (maybe 3rd) page - hardly torturous.
    . . . but designed to obstruct quick and easy comparisons.
    >:)Warning: In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
  • I used to enjoy the battle of wits that buying a ticket from Ryanair entails. I opened an Electron account - they moved to some even more obscure piece of plastic that I'd never heard of. But at least the 'loophole' of not paying exorbitant charges simply to give them my money still existed. They then introduced a fee for checking in online. That did it for me. There is no way of avoiding the 'additional fee' yet they still label it as such. And the irony of paying a surcharge for saving Ryanair money by checking in online rather than via human interaction must be making O'Leary roll on the floor laughing as he wonders what next he can get away with. An optional seat facilitation fee perhaps, that entitles you to use the seating facilities and without which you can't board?
  • chattychappy
    chattychappy Posts: 7,302 Forumite
    Yet another public body spending our money on an enquiry - supposedly in an effort to protect us from ourselves.

The real scandal is lack of transparency when it comes to taxes - including APD that is put onto flights. It has been jacked up several times under the guise of being a "green" tax. It now far exceeds the cost of carbon offsetting (for those that believe in such things) but the money just goes into the treasury pot.
  • Consumerist
    Consumerist Posts: 6,310
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    . . . as he wonders what next he can get away with.
    Cheap flights to Rome, Heathrow airport, I shouldn't wonder.
    >:)Warning: In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure