PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 6th August 2018

Options

Comments

• atypicalblonde
    atypicalblonde Posts: 3,057 Forumite
    Options
    Morning All :)

Thanks for the input ladies, will treat myself to one I think :)

I could have strangled DH last night. I said I'd had a really busy day catching up as we had been away for a week. He looked at me and said "what on earth have you got to catch up on":cool: Needless to say he got short shrift.

We go away again this weekend so I am busily getting organised for that. Looking forward to it but also very very nervous as it's something new for us and DS behaviour has been tricky recently. It seems to be that new places and routines trigger it.

Onto today - I need to post some cards, visit the chazza, go volunteering, book an online shop for delivery when we get home from holiday, poo-pick, generally tidy up etc etc....

Have lovely days all xx
    MFW :)
    [STRIKE]Mortgage 8.2.15 - [/STRIKE][STRIKE]£171,064.64[/STRIKE] Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
  • Dizzy_Imp
    Dizzy_Imp Posts: 2,755 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Good morning ladies - sorry I've been AWOL for a while, but the summer break has been very busy.

Sorry to hear about your pooch Gilly :( - big hugs for you xxx

I have a Karcher window cleaner - very impressed with it. It would be a good buy ATB.

Had a bit of excitement yesterday when a car crashed into our fencing in front of the orchard late last night. Young lad and his GF going rather fast and got caught out with the farmer pulling out of the side lane with a trailer after combine-harvesting in the dark (his machine has amazing floodlights!). Luckily nobody hurt, but the car is a write off. They missed our steel reinforced stone wall by about two metres and got a rather softer landing on the fence. Parents arrived and I recognised the mum as a local County Councillor for the next ward. She was very nice if a little shaken up. Apparently her daughter had rolled her car two months ago, so both her babies had had lucky escapes :eek:

Today, we are clearing the wet room of all clutter, plaster bags, tiles etc. ready for workmen to start the final phase of the downstairs renovation/repairs. :j
  • Fayolle
    Fayolle Posts: 2,894 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Good morning,

Sorry to hear about your dog, Gilly. What a shock.

Yesterday was busy, but ended with DSis and BiL coming for a late dinner, by which time it was lovely to sit outside. Today, DD and I are supposed to be going on a train expedition to London, but I have pointed out just how hot the Tube is going to be. Unless her alarm clock goes in the next 5 minutes, I think she might have agreed with me. I feel guilty as I did promise her before the start of the holidays, but it is just postponed, not cancelled. Like someone said earlier (Narc0?), I feel that I have lost a month of my life with the heat.

DH is supremely stressed, so much so that it is worrying me. Job, his family, all the obligations that they seem to put on him for being the eldest. This is the first year for ages that we are not going to spend a relaxing fortnight in France, where we all recharge our batteries, partly because he has very little holiday left due to life taking over. I just hope that things calm down soon. Stupid as it sounds, it feels like if only the heat would stop, things would ease. Imagination (or wishful thinking), I know.

Sorry for drivelling on, as you know I am just a sloth at heart, so doing nothing should suit! In penance, I am now going to iron - but only because I didn't do it at the weekend, or yesterday....
  • Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,912 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all. I'm sitting here waiting for the floor fitter to arrive. Then need to run an errand, get the house back as it should be and go to dentist again.

So hot again. No dog walk and they're not eating much either.

Have a great day everyone.
    Spend less now, work less later.
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,774 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning all

Wedding was beautiful, the bride looked fabulous, the groom was gorgeous (my nephew - seems like 2 minutes since I held him as a newborn having been babysitting his elder sisters while he put in an appearance) and eldest niece came along, having left the antenatal ward for a few hours...she's back there now until her baby is born! The food was fabulous and I drove us home...in DS's new car going through the controls at 11:30pm. Easy car to drive though but the 'shift' light was a revelation! DS and DD get on fabulously with their cousins and I loved watching them all dance together. I danced too. Lots. And the legs/knees aren't complaining overmuch.

And today I must fly like a demon...and write my holiday packing list! Because I am actually flying on Thursday.

Please don't worry about not taking over peeps. I shall just multilist...
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • Jojo_the_Tightfisted
    Options
    Ten hours' solid kip decluttered on the settee overnight. I even slept through Himself coming in, going by the bass propped up against the fridge, the back door being locked and the fleece blanket placed over my feet.

Would have been nicer had I actually slept in my own bed, but I'm still impressed with myself for sleeping on a knackered fake leather settee which is all cracked and rough to the touch. And Himself, for not waking me up.

Debating whether to try and do anything, other than get a few clothes together for the next couple of days away.
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.
    colinw wrote: »
    Yup you are officially Rock n Roll :D
  • Mumof2_2
    Mumof2_2 Posts: 2,694 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Oh too hot! Have a riding lesson at 12.15 so am probably going to melt into a puddle; won't be a full hour for sure.
    Done a load of washing and it's drying on the line now. Will get back from Breggey then get to grips with the bathroom.
    Catch you later
    Flymarkeeteer: £168 and counting
  • Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,080 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    edited 7 August 2018 at 2:16PM
    Options
    Odd behaviour by your bank, Kazwookie.

Kelpie's hydrotherapy appointment has been cancelled, and the builder rear-ended someone on the way here this morning, so I've sent him away to deal with car-related matters. Minutes first and then I'll Fly from the lists.
    Better is good enough.
  • Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,912 Forumite
    Options
    New floor is down. Now to move the display cabinet back so I can put glasses etc back. Can't move everything on my own though. Will also see if I can fit in some ironing.
    Spend less now, work less later.
  • kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,842 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Bank now agree I am me! to which I am glad, I'm not sure I want to be any one else

Kitchen cleaned and not a lot else so far

I am suprised in this heat that riding lessons are even taking place.
    Breast Cancer Now 2022 100 miles October 100 / 100miles
    Sun, Sea

2024 7/28 lbs to go.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills