Slimming For Summer - Slimming World Support Thread 2018

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,186 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Glad you & your OH are at least on the same page.
    Baby steps :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,910 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Esmy i said that to my sister the other day, least you can have pies/stew/casserole /roasts etc cant wait:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • Chrisv
    Chrisv Posts: 5,119 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Bake Off Boss!
    edited 23 July 2018 at 7:00PM
    Here is last week's chart.

sw_23-7.jpg

Well done SIRENS on SOTW :T

*SOTW is the person who lost most this week who also lost or maintained last week.
  • kathrynha
    kathrynha Posts: 2,469 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Sky_ wrote: »
    I've been given the all-clear and my cancer is officially in remission! :j :j :j

That is brilliant news :j:j:j:j:j:j
    bubbs wrote: »
    W are all different, but that perhaps coincides with what time you get up? i am up at 5.30 every day and out the door at 6.30:o
    I have my tea then have my "pudding" fruit and ice cream/yoghurt at about 8 , no snacks:D
    maman wrote: »
    I think the problem arises when you have people with different time frames. DH and I have always eaten late as we always finished work late with a longish commute. These days we could eat earlier but the habit has stuck.

I find it strange (and a bit irksome) when my brother visits as he's prowling around looking for his 'tea' at 5.30. Then he expects 'supper' later in the evening.

Could it be a regional thing?

Eating times are an issue in our household. DH and I are both up early for work (5.30 normally), but he eats breakfast then, whilst I wait till I'm at work.
    He then has a bacon butty mid morning, lunch at 12, and home by 4.30 wanting dinner.
    I eat breakfast at 7.30ish, lunch at 12ish, then snack on fruit in the afternoon, and would happily wait till 6pm for dinner.
    In his old job he wasn't home till 6-6.30 so it worked fine for me, but now he is home earlier I'm having dinner earlier and finding I need supper, which is rarely healthy.

Even when it's a day off, he likes to eat at set times. He looks at the time, and if it is 12 or 5 he is suddenly starving and wanting lunch or dinner no matter how much he has eaten beforehand.
    I just end up going with his eating timeframe as he turns really stroppy when hungry
    Zebras rock
  • Sky_
    Sky_ Posts: 605 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Thanks for doing the chart Chris! :T

Well done SIRENS!!! :j:j:j

My food today:

B: Mixed berries and ff yogurt

L: Ryvita (B) with quark, apple

D: Lentil lasagne (8) and mixed salad
    S: Milk in drinks (A)
    2022. 2% MF challenge. £730/3000
  • I discovered the joys of Lidl lamb shank at the weekend, cooked with hassleback potatoes & veg, died & went to heaven! Have stuck to plan 100% since WI on Thursday, hopefully will reap my reward on Thursday, although will be having Nando's on Wednesday, going to see Madagascar at theatre with friend, she is an amazing cook, but strangely only likes Nando's if she eats out!
    A smile costs little but creates much :)
  • kathrynha
    Thank you for the chart Chris, and well done to Sirens on SOTW.

Well done to all the losers, and hugs for all the gainers.

Once again an offline weekend for me. Super busy, and not very on plan, although lots of body magic, so hopefully won't be too bad at weigh in tomorrow.

Back at the hospital for me this afternoon, just a regular scan. Expect to be lectured again about avoiding stress and taking it easy. With daughter at the moment, stress avoidance is impossible.

Todays plan:
    Breakfast - yogurt and fruit
    Lunch - pork noodles, leftovers
    Dinner - Burritos
    Supper - Above posts made me realise I need to plan supper to be in control of it. Baked oats
    Snacks - fruit, sf jelly

HA - milk and cheese
    HB - oats
    Syns - sf jelly (0.5), noodle sauce (0.5)
    Zebras rock
  • Sky_
    Sky_ Posts: 605 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Thanks Kathrynha. :):):)

I hope it's not too hot where you are and that your health is still improving. :)
    2022. 2% MF challenge. £730/3000
  • kathrynha
    although will be having Nando's on Wednesday

I find Nando's isn't too bad for staying on plan.
    I have 1/4 chicken breast for 3 syns, and sides of green salad and corn on the cob (no butter) which are both syn free.
    Also spicy rice is only 2 syns if you want some carbs.
    Zebras rock
  • lushlifesaver
    lushlifesaver Posts: 2,375 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    can anyone help with the syns for these; https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/products/299388336 ?
    Daughter born 26/03/14
    Son born 13/02/21
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family