12-24 weeks pregnant (part 4)

Comments

• flutterbyuk25
    flutterbyuk25 Posts: 7,009 Forumite
    Don't think so pigpen, had that before (non pregnancy) and feels different. It's a lot better now so we shall see how it goes.

20 week scan changed to a week today now, luckily they were fine with it! And I've now got a morning appt so less of a wait around :)
    * Rainbow baby boy born 9th August 2016 *

* Slimming World follower (I breastfeed so get 6 hex's!) *
  • ThinkPink
    ThinkPink Posts: 893 Forumite
    Hope the pain eases flutter, and fingers crossed it isn't spd. Glad you managed to sort the scan out. You've just reminded I need to text oh to remind him to put my scan on his calendar at work. 29th April feels forever away!!

Hope you're feeling better today pigpen.

Where have most people got maternity clothing from? I'm not quite ready for it yet, well my work trousers and jeans are getting a bit tight but I tend to usually wear skater style dresses for work, but would like to know where is recommended and also what their sizing is like.
  • lulu_92
    lulu_92 Posts: 2,758
    Rampant Recycler I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    ThinkPink wrote: »
    Hope the pain eases flutter, and fingers crossed it isn't spd. Glad you managed to sort the scan out. You've just reminded I need to text oh to remind him to put my scan on his calendar at work. 29th April feels forever away!!

Where have most people got maternity clothing from? I'm not quite ready for it yet, well my work trousers and jeans are getting a bit tight but I tend to usually wear skater style dresses for work, but would like to know where is recommended and also what their sizing is like.

*delurking*

I used H&M and New Look for most of my maternity stuff, although I have some non-maternity skater dresses from Topshop that I wear because they're lycra so stretch with me ;)
    Our Rainbow Twins born 17th April 2016
    :A 02.06.2015 :A
    :A 29.12.2018 :A

• euronorris
    euronorris Posts: 12,247
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post PPI Party Pooper
    Forumite
    edited 8 March 2016 at 8:43AM
    ThinkPink wrote: »

I found asos.com to have a good selection of stuff from different shops. Everywhere else seemed to be quite limited in selection sadly. Topcashback usually has an offer on too.

Also, very very very few places actually stock clothes in store. Even Mothercare round here has a very, very limited range (one tiny little corner). I think, unless you are in a major city like London, or Bristol etc, you have to settle for online shopping for maternity clothes xxx

PS. I found Mamalicious stuff comes up a bit small, as does Mothercare. But New Look jeggings and trousers came up massive!!! Everything else they did was fine, but the bottoms were mahoosive!
    February wins: Theatre tickets
  • flutterbyuk25
    Thanks ThinkPink, I managed to sleep with a pillow between my legs for most of the night last night so it's a lot better today.

A side question, how do all of you all fit you, OH, a long pregnancy pillow and a cat in the bed?! :rotfl:

I bought maternity jeans, leggings, one top and a bump band from Dorothy Perkins last month when they had 25% off (they have this quite often). Sizes seem true to normal, but I only gave in and wore the jeans this weekend!

Asos has some lovely dresses if you need something for an event. I had a wedding weekend before last, and another next week. I got a lovely maxi dress for under £20 in their sale (was £65!). They also have skater dresses too.

New Look online seem to have a lot of choices, Asda/George have limited choice, H&M seemed limited. But I am plus size so only searched my size.

• flutterbyuk25
    PS - DPs appear to have 25% off this week which includes maternity and free delivery if you spend over £30. http://www.dorothyperkins.com/?geoip=home#

• flutterbyuk25
    me again. I'm 20 wks today and have yet to feel baby move, but I am plus size (size 20) so not too worried yet. But today I've had the odd prickly like pain lower right side of belly and then up a bit higher. Could this be baby? Or something else?

• I have spent a fortune on maternity clothes from every shop imaginable, but my fave by far is this site... I love it and the clothes are true to size (for me anyway) http://www.jojomamanbebe.co.uk/pu+maternity+clothes+1

Plus you can use Quidco.

Flutter- I replied to you on the other thread.
    Married 1st October 2015:heartpuls

1st Baby due June 2016 :happylove
  • rinroo
    rinroo Posts: 945
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I gave in a bought some maternity wear at the weekend as my leggings and tights were getting far too uncomfortable and even my jeans with waistband extender were getting tight. To be fair 18 weeks is the longest I've waited to get in to maternity wear.

I bought some bits from Mothercare - blooming marvellous. Comfy, true to size and ok for work, our workwear is very casual anyway. I've also ordered a few dresses and tops from New Look but they are yet to arrive. I live in either jeans and tops or dresses so I might be able to get away with buying dresses in bigger sizes. I just find most maternity wear a bit naff.
  • tatabubbly
    tatabubbly Posts: 909
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I'm still in my normal jeans, just tend to use a hair bobble to put top together. Plan on just buying some primary large large leggings for summer, my local new look doesn't have maternity ones.

I'm 20 weeks now, feeling a lot better now, feeling kicks every morning and night now. Happy to be home, have got lots of babies stuff here but I've just to get few bits in chemist now and that will be me.

Knackered after my sisters hen party, it was a pretty full on weekend but I'm glad she had a good time.
    094 Sealed pot member! :beer: (7) €185 (8) €138 (9) €€250
    Saving for our first home!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport