IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Sudden QDR solicitor bill of £4500

Comments

• Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    beamerguy wrote: »
    They can add interest at base rate.......

The courts will not allow extortion

Not base rate!

Interest rate for claims is 8%. Some would see it as usury! Others would consider it extortion!
  • Gary_
    Gary_ Posts: 26
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    edited 10 August 2018 at 8:35AM
    Gary_ wrote: »

Clarify please .... £30 DVLA COSTS for all tickets or £30
    per ticket

I had the impression it was £30 for each application. I asked the person on the phone what the £128 was for, when the original ticket was only £20. She briefly listed off a few fees, starting with "There is £30 to check your DVLA details..." After that I didn't really hear the rest because I was a bit hung up on the £30 DVLA. I asked her, if they believed they had my details already, why did they need to request this same information repeatedly from the DVLA? She didn't answer but I will ask them again today via email and will ask them to respond in writing. Thanks for this info- I will get right on it and let you know what they say....
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite

I asked the person on the phone what the £128 was for, when the original ticket was only £20. She briefly listed off a few fees, starting with "There is £30 to check your DVLA details..." After that I didn't really hear the rest because I was a bit hung up on the £30 DVLA. I asked her, if they believed they had my details already, why did they need to request this same information repeatedly from the DVLA? She didn't answer but I will ask them again today via email and will ask them to respond in writing. Thanks for this info- I will get right on it and let you know what they say....

Yes, you must get all this in writing, can be by email

Doubt the DVLA would be impressed by QDR trying to make
    a profit on the £2.50
    You need them to tell you the dates and times they accessed
    your data from the DVLA which of course can be confirmed
    by the DVLA
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite
    In order to invoke POFA they have to check your details with the DVLA. They cannot use previous records (if relying on POFA).

If they have used old records then then cannot transfer liability from the driver to the keeper.

Each DVLA check costs £2.50
  • nigelbb
    nigelbb Posts: 3,787
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    waamo wrote: »
    In order to invoke POFA they have to check your details with the DVLA. They cannot use previous records (if relying on POFA).

If they have used old records then then cannot transfer liability from the driver to the keeper.

Each DVLA check costs £2.50
    Aside from POFA i is only by purchasing keeper details from the DVLA for each & every parking event that the PPC has proof of who the registered keeper is. The car can be sold at any time & have a new RK.
  • iirc if they haven't asked for each ticket then they are breachiung DPA and KADOE agreement.

Most of the big players DO request each ticket [presumably because its automated at their end as well]
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    This PPC had a famous " victory" in court against the staff at that hospital and look to abide by the rules as far as tracking down the rk via DVLA goes
  • Gary_
    Gary_ Posts: 26
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite

Yes, you must get all this in writing, can be by email

Doubt the DVLA would be impressed by QDR trying to make
    a profit on the £2.50
    You need them to tell you the dates and times they accessed
    your data from the DVLA which of course can be confirmed
    by the DVLA

I have written them an email now asking (again but more formally this time) for a break down of the fees added on after the initial £20. I have also asked for photographic evidence for each of the PCN's they have on their record. I asked the same of zzps who apparently hold three PCN's they have not yet passed on to QDR. I also emailed DVLA also to let me know who has accessed my record and when. I used the standard template suggested. Now just waiting to hear...
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite

I have written them an email now asking (again but more formally this time) for a break down of the fees added on after the initial £20. I have also asked for photographic evidence for each of the PCN's they have on their record. I asked the same of zzps who apparently hold three PCN's they have not yet passed on to QDR. I also emailed DVLA also to let me know who has accessed my record and when. I used the standard template suggested. Now just waiting to hear...

Good man, let us see the replies.

Now is the time to forget all about ZZPS, no point in
    talking to timewasters. If they said "they have not passed
    3 to QDR", they talking rubbish again.
    It is Indigo that employs QDR not ZZPS who are powerless
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    OP, it you feel that QDR are trying to intimidate you, lie to you, mis-inform you, or fail to adhere to their code of conduct, complain to the SRA

http://www.sra.org.uk/home/home.page.

Many of the low rent solicitors who act for these scammers are likely to act in an unsilicitory way likely to bring their profession into disrepute. A couple of these firms have already been reported th them by members of Parliament,
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure