What's the worst thing your pet has done?

Comments

• DigForVictory
    DigForVictory Posts: 11,905 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    The original family cat was generous with her hunting skills. It isn't seriously "worst" but I put a bare foot down onto a mostly dead mouse under the table on my birthday. That was memorable.

So was the night a young sister was sent to bed and stumped down expecting to be scolded & preempted that with "I Can't go to bed. The cat has had kittens on it."

The "worst" our lamb did was nibble shoelaces. You could tell by the step, step, thud <vigorous phrases language unspecified> when dad tried to walk upstairs to do the last tucking in & tripped on the subtly undone laces.
  • My sister did have a gerbil when I was young. I got a cat!
  • My cat Unicorn hasn't been so bad. When we first got her she kept peeing on the bed and pooing on the sofa. Thankfully we managed to stop that.

Recently though she peed on my boyfriends work jumper when he left it on the floor!! No idea why! I washed it twice to be safe!
  • I lost most of an armchair and a cushion to a teething giant schnauzer once.:o
    Yes I'm bugslet, I lost my original log in details and old e-mail address.
  • TripleH
    TripleH Posts: 3,018 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    My brother's dog chews the platerboard in their lounge.

My wife had a cat that once stole and ate their turkey at Christmas.

With our current cats the worst offence has to be our youngest who fishes items out the bin ( usually screwed up paper but once a cat toy that was binned because it was frankly disgusting. He actually hid it for 2 days as we took the rubbish out Sunday but found it Tuesday evening (and he's the daft one).
    May you find your sister soon Helli.
    Sleep well.
  • *max*
    *max* Posts: 3,208 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    The day after I moved in from Belfast to a little French village, in a flat above a cafe, my cat decided she fancied a taste of freedom and jumped from the first floor window onto the caf!'s awning directly below. Unfortunately, there were lots of people underneath enjoying a quiet drink, and she took fright at the cries of surprise (from having a mass suddenly drop onto the awning above their heads). She hastily climbed back up, using the cafe's LED tube lights against the wall as a foothold. Of course the lights broke, resulting in a rain of glass falling on top of the customers below. Thankfully, noone hurt.

300 quid later, my first day in France is still being talked about in the cafe, and I suspect, in the village. :cool:
  • Skint_yet_Again
    Skint_yet_Again Posts: 7,563 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    In no particular order
    Puked and eaten it
    Pooped and eaten it
    Rolled in poo
    Chewed skirting board
    And radiator :eek:
    Scratched hole in carpet
    Scratched hole in plaster wall
    Knocked me over resulting in twisted ankle
    Twisted whole body when I had 2 fingers under collar resulting in almost dislocated fingers
    Head butted me in face giving me a nose bleed

Gotta love a labrador :happyhear
    0% credit card £1360 & 0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE 🤗
    House sale OCT 2022 = NOW MORTGAGE FREE 🤗
    House purchase completed FEB 2023 🥳🍾 Left work. 🤗

Retired at 55 & now living off the equity £10k a year (until pensions start at 60 & 67).

Previous Savings diary https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5597938/get-a-grip/p1

Living off savings diary
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6429003/escape-to-the-country-living-off-savings/p1
  • phill99
    phill99 Posts: 9,093 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Die........
    Eat vegetables and fear no creditors, rather than eat duck and hide.
  • sinar
    sinar Posts: 144 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    The first day I got my new 55” tv my cat Alex decided to use the screen as a scratching post. Luckily I can’t notice the scratches when the TV is on, but when it’s off I can clearly see the scratches.
  • marrowgirl
    marrowgirl Posts: 738 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    My cat often brings in mice, frogs or worms and puts them on my pillow but the worst was when he put a slug on my mouth while I was asleep (I woke pretty sharpish!) I guess he was complaining about my snoring.
    "I am not a vegetarian because I love animals; I am a vegetarian because I hate plants." A. Whitney Brown
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback