What small DFW things will you do w/c 13th May?

Comments

• Pip_Boy_111
    Pip_Boy_111 Posts: 185 Forumite
    First Anniversary Savvy Shopper! PPI Party Pooper Energy Saving Champion
    Morning all. Gloriously sunny and warm today again :T

Been busy working overtime shifts and doing outdoorsy type things, so been a bit MIA on here lately.

Been in a really positive, happy mood for the last few days. Must be the sunshine. The car was showing 14 degrees at 4 o clock yesterday morning going to work :D

Today: PAYDAY!! Debt busting has commenced.

Check online banking to make sure been paid : done
    Pay off the last of the overdraft : DONE :T
    Pay large amount of CC : done
    Reconcile spreadsheet: done
    Update signature : done
    Dry washing outside : will put out shortly
    Low calorie day (trying to loosely follow 5:2, i like pigging out so this is required to not need to buy larger pants :D)
    Working nights tonight so low calorie meal from stores : sorted, tom yum noodle soup, 25p from HB :)
    Parcel to drop off at post office
    Chill out in sun reading before work.

Productive day so far. Hope everyone is enjoying the awesome weather.
    Have a good one all. :j
    Debts 14/6/2019 (LBM 5/3/2019)
    Overdraft: [STRIKE]£900[/STRIKE]/£0:T Barclaycard: [STRIKE]£3755.55[/STRIKE]/£2859.42 Loan: [STRIKE]£21620.29[/STRIKE]/£17997.19
    Total[STRIKE] £26275.84[/STRIKE] £20856.61 (REDUCED BY 20.62%)
  • ditty1234
    ditty1234 Posts: 2,031 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Hi All
    Proud of NSD yesterday.
    Predicted LSD today as need milk.
    Am trying to live off agency proceeds for rest of month, but then then I will need to be working tomorrow. Fingers crossed.
    Bringing lunches everyday as usual and baked bread and muffins last night to cheer up GCSe boy as he is now doing two exams a day!
    LBM Jan 2019 - £25.928/Active debt £14253, 54% sorted
    Housing fund Jan 2024 £2000/6000 36%
    EF Jan 2024 £0/1000 0% Emergency fund is for worn out things like vacuum cleaner, dish washer, and washing machine.
  • merida88
    merida88 Posts: 116 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Hi all,

*clambers back onto MSE wagon* Just back from a little holiday visiting friends. Much fun had by all and much money spent.
    ditty1234 wrote: »
    be nice to two young men

Without context (possibly from last week's thread) this made me chortle :rotfl:
    :heartpuls Made more face&body scrub out of used coffee grounds (REALLY recommend this)

Ooh how do you do this? We are a highly caffeinated household...

My list for today:
    - bike to work done, but got to get bike and hire car (work paying) home again somehow
    - all meals and snacks from stores - feeling smug about lunch as avoided cafe despite being on all-day call with a short lunch break. I had my emergency quinoa :rotfl: Actually I would highly recommend Ald!'s Tomato and Olive Quinoa for desk drawer back up lunch.
    - call various companies about car-related admin (in other news, recalcitrant car is GONE)
    - gym AM done
    - walk dog PM
  • merida88
    merida88 Posts: 116 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Oh I forgot to say - also switched back to washing powder recently for similar reasons. Only problem is the trousers I wear for work seem to hold onto the powder residue for dear life - literally NOTHING else has a granule left, and these are covered - so I end up running an extra rinse cycle for two pairs of trousers :mad:
  • 1LuckyLady
    1LuckyLady Posts: 1,206 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 15 May 2019 at 5:57PM
    Afternoon all,
    Pipboy, you have been busy!
    :waves: to everyone.

Todays list
    * ys bread for ds1s breakfast with eggs (he's never full these days!)
    * go to aldee on the way to school as some chicken drumsticks that were BB 17/5 were mouldy when we opened them last night :mad:
    * ds2 to free school breakfast club
    * refilled water bottle at the gym twice
    * took a bag of fabric recycling to the supermarket collection point (and popped into the shop and bought a pair of shorts and a smart top as my wardrobe doesn't really have anything summery - I tend to wear similar all year round with or without a jumper so it will be nice to have something a little different. I've put aside £60 for me to update my wardrobe.
    * brunch at home using up some spinach that was looking a bit past it, blitzed it with a bit of cheese, a handful of mixed nuts, a bit of olive oil, cider vinegar and had with scrambled eggs, it was a lovely use up!
    * Ariel guy came and moved that ariel like I wanted and he also took down our old sky dish for us (and took it away with him) its so nice to have a workman in, who comes when they say they will, does the job without leaving a mess and was cheaper then we'd budgeted for! :T:T:T
    * washed a load on the quick 30 degree wash and hung outside
    * cleaned kitchen using microfibre cloths and stardrops, making that change to stardops when I joined this thread yrs ago have saved me lots of money and lots of plastic waste as we could easitly go through a bottle of antibac spray in a couple of weeks before, a bottle of stardrops lasts me at least 6 months.

Still to do
    :) check banking/update spreadsheet done
    :) iron dhs work shirts as I didn't do it yesterday done
    :) continue decluttering our sitting room cupboards done
    :) add more appointments to the calendar done
    :) cook 2 chickens at the same time in the oven, some chicken will go to my parents tomorrow, saves them heating there oven up too! done
    :) maybe make one of my date cakes, its been a long while since we had one
    :) make families lunches for tomorrow
    :) start off a new fabric recycling bag as I've just seen an old coat of ds1s that isn't good enough to be sent to the cs, hanging up near me done
    :) run the washing machine on a cleaning cycle done, gave the dispenser drawer a good clean out too, its hard to get to as its in a cupboard so I always put off doing it (and you could tell!)
    :heart: post came so a couple of rm surveys to update, plus there was £2 voucher for posting for them and I've reclaimed some paper from one of them which comes in handy with my two lads!
    :heart: renewed autoaid recovery cover, price is due to rise today but I had my renewal notice come this morning and its gone through at the £48.31 instead of the new price of £60 which was good.
    Take care all.
    1.30pm edit!
    ** need to finish off setting up ds1s online banking when he gets home as we've had the code he needs through the post now done
    ** make a quick chicken/pasta bake to help use ups done
    ** tidy fridge done
    ** update freezer inventory

:heart: edited my holiday booking via online chat, much easier then waiting on the phone on hold as we did last time!
    :heart: checked off Mr T credit card, used for daily spending but paid off in full, used to earn the clubcard points - shows a heavier then usual food bill but I'd forgotten about it being Easter and 2 weeks with hungry boys and their hungry friends! Must remember to budget in a bit more for the summer holidays thinking about it.
    Sticking with the "Small things" thread to keep up us on the straight and narrow.
  • carrielovesfanta
    carrielovesfanta Posts: 2,978 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 15 May 2019 at 1:56PM
    merida88 wrote: »
    Ooh how do you do this? We are a highly caffeinated household...

Glad to "see" you merida - I was literally just wondering if you were ok, then refreshed and up your post popped :)

I literally took a tablespoon or so of used coffee ground (coarse filter ground - not sure it would work with espresso powder!) mixed in a bit of olive oil to make it into a paste and put a couple of drop of tea tree oil in too for good measure as I had it knocking about.

To use, grab a smudge-full on your fingers and scrub all over face, rise off, then wash oily residue with the tiniest amount of shower gel/soap
    LBM 11/06/2010: DFD 30/04/2013
    Total repaid: £10,490.31
    Student loan repaid: 01/07/2019
    SAVINGS: £20,000
    Car final lump sum: £6113/£6113
  • carrielovesfanta
    carrielovesfanta Posts: 2,978 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Re Stardrops...

How do people feel that Stardrops compares to white vinegar? I've been using white vinegar for years now for all my cleaning but would be interested if anyone has a comparison
    LBM 11/06/2010: DFD 30/04/2013
    Total repaid: £10,490.31
    Student loan repaid: 01/07/2019
    SAVINGS: £20,000
    Car final lump sum: £6113/£6113
  • 1LuckyLady
    1LuckyLady Posts: 1,206 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Clf, I used big brand cleaners til this thread then stardrops.
    I only really use vinegar when washing windows and I put it in the washing machine/dishwasher when cleaning them
    Sticking with the "Small things" thread to keep up us on the straight and narrow.
  • Pip_Boy_111
    Pip_Boy_111 Posts: 185 Forumite
    First Anniversary Savvy Shopper! PPI Party Pooper Energy Saving Champion
    Re Stardrops...

How do people feel that Stardrops compares to white vinegar? I've been using white vinegar for years now for all my cleaning but would be interested if anyone has a comparison

I use white vinegar for most general cleaning (kitchen, windows, washer etc.) much prefer it to other things I've used, and it seems to make things sparkly, even with children in the house :D
    Debts 14/6/2019 (LBM 5/3/2019)
    Overdraft: [STRIKE]£900[/STRIKE]/£0:T Barclaycard: [STRIKE]£3755.55[/STRIKE]/£2859.42 Loan: [STRIKE]£21620.29[/STRIKE]/£17997.19
    Total[STRIKE] £26275.84[/STRIKE] £20856.61 (REDUCED BY 20.62%)
  • allydowd
    allydowd Posts: 4,911 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    <Stardrops fan.
    Debt-free day: 8th May 2015 The Joy Account: £10 "Remember that sometimes not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck," Dalai Llama
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure