I will cut my coat according to my cloth. {Edited by Forum team} 2019

Comments

• Slinky
    Slinky Posts: 9,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    ognum wrote: »

Could you consider personalised pinnys

We've visited several places in Italy where there looks like the equivalent of the UK's 'one in every tourist town, Edinburgh Woollen Mill' shop, only there it's personalised pinnys and linens.
    Make £2024 in 2024
    Prolific to 29/2/24 £184.97, Chase Interest £11.88, Chase roundup interest £0.18, Chase CB £16.96, Roadkill £1.10, Octopus referral reward £50, Octopoints £6.30 to 31/1/24, Topcashback £4.64, Shopmium £3
    Total £279.03/£2024  13.8%

Make £2023 in 2023
    Water sewerage refund: £170.62,Topcashback: £243.47, Prolific: to 31/12/23 £975, Haggling: £45, Wombling(Roadkill): £6.04,  Chase CB £149.34, Chase roundup interest £1.35, WeBuyBooks:£8.37, Misc sales: £406.59, Delay repay £22, Amazon refund £3.41, EDF Smart Meter incentive £100, Santander Edge Cashback-Fees: £25.14, Octopus Reward £50, Bank transfer incentives £400
    Total: £2606.33/£2023  128.8%

• kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,836 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Do you watch masterchef BBC1?

They all have aprons to wear as does great British bake off.

BBQ season is coming up, aprons are great to keep fat etc off clothes.

Love the idea of a large one and a small one.

Thinking out side the box a bit, but are there any up market type resturants/ bakeries / etc in your area that do cookery classes (adults and kids)? there could be an outlet there for your items.
    Breast Cancer Now 2022 100 miles October 100 / 100miles
    Sun, Sea

2024 7/28 lbs to go.
  • supermezzo
    supermezzo Posts: 1,055 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Forgive me, Mooloo, I have my 'work' head on.
    Given you are looking to use remnants and upcycle etc, what about making things for kids, I'm thinking specifically dolls house bedding, towels, cushions, curtains etc. Uses up material 'scraps' and although a tad fiddly, may be less strain on your arms and shoulders.
    It aint over til I've done singing....
  • Savvy_sewing
    Savvy_sewing Posts: 11,574 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    I will make what's been cut out first, and then keep on sewing and see what I can do.
    This morning I did two pegbags and two cushion covers. One was a tapestry of a rose, beautiful work that deserves a new home, and another machine embroidery that I have backed.
    I now need to get going on decent photos and get them up for sale. It would be good to find a market for them. I think once I am not tied down to the shop I will be able to visit places to tout for business.
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • Savvy_Sue
    Savvy_Sue Posts: 46,014 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    candygirl wrote: »
    my Nan always wore an overall, on top of her clothes.Not sure if it's a Northern thing though:D
    Oh no, my mum was definitely not Northern!!!
    Signature removed for peace of mind
  • Savvy_sewing
    I am babysitting the boys tonight. The spare room has been sorted ( to a degree!), cot and bed ready.
    It will be good to see them as I haven't seen much of them since they went home.
    I have been invited to another case conference soon. So not all cut and dried.
    My DS is finally admitting the Domestic Abuse she is subjecting him too, and has decided that he needs to seek help.
    I think that he will find it easier knowing he can get support.
    I hope that he and the boys will be able to move on eventually.
    But I won't hold my breath yet.
    I have offered a refuge if she starts again and he has been advised to take the children and leave the premises if she starts again. So I will leave the bed and cot up, and he has a key so he can escape here anytime of the day or night.
    We will deal with what ever we have to deal with.
    EE I will message you separately over the weekend as there is something that I need your expertise on.
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • candygirl
    candygirl Posts: 29,455 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Savvy_Sue wrote: »
    Oh no, my mum was definitely not Northern!!!

Perish the thought eh;):rotfl:
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"

(Kabat-Zinn 2004):D:D:D
  • Eager_Elephant
    Eager_Elephant Posts: 4,714 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Mooloo wrote: »
    EE I will message you separately over the weekend as there is something that I need your expertise on.

Always happy to help:D:D
  • Savvy_sewing
    Home after a strange day at work. One of my students is way off track today. She is struggling to produce any good work at the moment.the other is romping ahead.
    I started the dotty dresses and the chap came in while I was doing them. Would have taken what I had not quite finished if I wasn't looking.
    I have brought some unpicking home to do if I get the opportunity but family is due anytime soon so not sure if I will or if I will have the energy. I am incredibly tired today with being awake and sewing so early yesterday.
    Simple Pizza for the children as it's easy (but not exactly healthy!) and a ready meal curry for me.
    And I resisted buying any wine, because I expect interruptions in the night.

Cup of tea time!!
  • Savvy_sewing
    If I have been upstairs once I will have been up a dozen times. The soon to be 4 year old is not settling. Finally his baby brother has though.
    I am guessing that I better get to bed quite early once he has settled down.
    I am cooking some lamb for tomorrow dinner, so I will have less to do tomorrow.

Time to tip toe back up the stairs and have a listen.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure