I think i need a diary

Comments

• jwil
    jwil Posts: 18,832
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    I like the 10 months payments for council tax too. It's nice to have the free months. I've always just put the normal monthly payment in my I&E I've not divided the total over 12 months, it means that the 'free' months are always mine. The same with the water.
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
  • I like that idea. My water is a water meter. Not the best for a family of five but it was here when we moved in so we are stuck with it.
    Having a bit of argy bargy as well with a debt agency working for natwest. A very long story so ive done a seperste thread but my debt signature is going to be over 30 k again. Beep beep beep.
    Jan 18 Joint debts 35,213 - March 24 15.5 k
    Mortgage Jan 18- 77224 Dec 23- just under 69k
  • jwil
    Forumite
    I'd like to get a water meter as our rated value is £80 a month :eek: We can't do it at the moment though.

That's frustrating about your debt :mad:
  • Thats a lot for water. Locally its 40-45 a month for 10 months for a house our size on the usual rate. Our water meter has us paying 47-50 ish a month for 12 months so does work out dearer. You could make a big saving though.
    My new debt is a pain but i have received some really good advice from people as to how to respond. The 750 pounds i cant dispute, i knew someone would ask for it back eventually but to ask me to repay it with interest on the top when no one come tell me where the money appeared from in the first place is a beeping cheek and im not having it. I may leave it of my signature till they agree to be owing only 750 or nothing. Im refusing to acknowledge the debt at present till they figure it out.
    Anyway rant over.
    Ive done some surveys so am due a cheque for 26 pounds which is half a kids passport.
    Im 1.25 towards my next cash out- limit is 20. It may take a while....
  • Good news is all information is with the agency and i can be signed off once its processed. Does mean I have to actually work on top of my normal job to earn money but needs must.
    I also got a survey emailed to me from somewhere i have done very infrequent surveys over the last 12 months. Ive passed the cash out limit of 12 pounds so that should be paid next month.
    Ive had a 5 pounds off 30 spend for my new local iceland through the post and put some money on my savings card with them last week when i popped in -as they offered me an extra bonus for topping it up the first time. I think i got 3 pounds bonus so that and the fiver off should help me limp towards payday.
    I havent saved anything for passports but the aim in jan feb march in my budget is damage limitation due to birthdays galore. Hard saving can recommence in april.
    Ive been trying to use my debit card more aswell to see if i get better cashback offers as i dont get anything useful but dh does. I will wait and see what happens.
    In other news dh spent up within a week of being paid and has been borrowing off friends and expecting me to buy his beer and presumably petrol which he will run out of by end of next week. The joys eh. X
  • So ive had a quick check as money feels likes its all over the place at the moment due to birthday/extra spends. I have been doing the frugal spreadsheet to monitor my spends. Ive discovered my budget is fairly tight/realistic but does not cover the random things. I must keep an eye on these.
    Its 13 days till payday and ive got 71 pounds in the food budget and 23 on my iceland card. Half term is next week so i will be eaten out of house and home. Must meal plan dinners and teas and get the shopping in.
  • Ive got 7 hours agency worked booked this weekend and 9 for the week after. I will almost certainly get emergency taxed but what i come out with will come in very handy. The first two weeks pay is already spoken for on general costs but anything i earn after that i will need a system to save for the wedding and keep it seperate. It will also mess up the tax credits so i need to be careful and set some aside for that.
    All 3 shifts are lined up for the same place so i hope i dont hate it....
    I was offered various shifts but i picked these as its 5 mins from home. In the long term i only want 2-3 shifts a month so im still home for the kids but whilst they are offering work to the newbie i would be daft to refuse.
    Those passports are in sight x
  • jwil
    Forumite
    Hope it goes well :)
  • Thanks jwill. It went allright. I prob will get 50 after tax. Im assuming i will be basic rate taxed but then hopefully will be able to get a rebate at end of financial year as i dont earn over the tax allowance. I also got my cheque today for the surveys i did. Nice to know it was above board and i didnt do them for nothing.
    Ive got enough points for a five pound voucher from morrisins too x
  • Spent most of the half term so far attending apts with the littles. Free entertainment if nothing else and everyones teeth have been declared intact- just about. We are a family of five who are registered with 3 different dentists. We are lucky as we are all registered with nhs dentists i just couldnt get us all the same ones.
    A mini top up shop today made good use of morrisons voucher and i used a bit more of the money i had in.the iceland card. I may put money on again next month. Its a new food warehouse and although i reckon my shopping is still cheaper/can buy more at aldi its literally round the corner has a massive car park and is pretty empty as its new. Its been quite nice knowing i had 20 quid on the savings card as im using it for bread milk etc till payday.
    Real payday is 26th. Agency pay is weekly so thats friday. I have money in my accounts but i need to get breakfast and afterschool club bill up to date so its earmarked for that.
    Otherwise the emergency fund has 156. The help to save account has 400 and all other pots are empty. Eeeek
    Help to save account is my please will the car last another 18 months fund. The hope is i can save 50 a month for two years. The 1200 saved and the 600 bonus i get is meant as my will have to buy a new for me car fund. Im not sure as to whether i am better using this to repay family for flights but i know when the car packs in there will not be many options to pay for a replacement. Time will tell and if at all possible im trying tonit include the help to save account in any planned spends.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family