Add your feedback on energy supplier Usio Energy

Comments

• theyiddo
    theyiddo Posts: 74 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper
    Another one bites the dust. Usio have gone under.

My DD was jut cancelled, so quickly checked their website to get in touch to find out why, and saw this...

USIO energy supply limited has ceased to trade. Ofgem, the energy regulator, is appointing a new supplier for its customers. Customers need not worry, their supplies are secure and credit balances are protected. Ofgem's advice is not to switch, but to sit tight and wait until the new supplier has been appointed. This will help make sure that the process of handing customers over to a new supplier, and honouring credit balances, is as hassle free for customers as possible. Customers can find support and advice on the Ofgem website. Or alternatively if they need additional support they can call Citizens Advice on 03454 04 05 06 or email them via webform, or get in touch through Ofgem's facebook or twitter feed @ofgem
  • paulpa66
    paulpa66 Posts: 62 Forumite
    Mine too now to look again for a good deal, just charged me for a cad to read smart meter too
  • markipad
    markipad Posts: 64 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Oh no!! - the original "forced switch" to Octopus from the defunct Iresa has only just been sorted, THEN I switched manually to Usio, having waited until being told it was OK to switch away from Osio. I've still got a credit balance at Octopus, (waiting for a refund) and no doubt have a credit balance at Usio!!

To further complicate matters, the electricity switch went through with correct readings, but Usio / someone in Industry bungled the Gas reading which was sent to Octopus, so I've no idea what will happen now.
  • I joined Usio a month or so ago, and I'm due to have a smart meter fitted on Wednesday. I just rang the company doing the fitting and they said because they're unaffiliated with Usio they'll still be coming to fit the meter. Shall I cancel this, as I now don't know what is going to happen with Usio's supply? I don't want to be stuck with a smart meter that doesn't work!
  • busybee100
    busybee100 Posts: 1,530 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Flippin 'eck, I didn't see that coming. I was extremely happy with their customer service and that they would take the total from both meters. Going to have to do some homework to find a similar deal.
  • spike274
    spike274 Posts: 31 Forumite
    I'm with Usio too and my first time with a supplier outside the big ones. I can't check my bills or balance on the website. What happens to the supply now? Should I switch immediately or wait and see if the deal is honoured by whichever company takes it on?
  • They have gone bust today 😡
  • markipad
    markipad Posts: 64 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I was due to have a Smart Meter installed in November under the auspices of Usio as well, and I would prefer not to have it put in now, do I have a choice?

Switching -the advice as always is to "sit tight", but, seeing how long it took Octopus to sort out, and being stuck with them until being told that it was OK to start my switch away - who knows?
  • spike274
    spike274 Posts: 31 Forumite
    From Ofgem: "We’ll make a decision on a new supplier as soon as possible and will announce these details on our website. We’ll ask suppliers to bid to become the new supplier, so we can try and get the best possible deal for you in the circumstances. After we’ve chosen them, you will be moved onto a new contract with the new supplier. It should only take us a few days to appoint a new supplier. During this time, our advice is to sit tight, don’t switch and wait until your new supplier contacts you. This will make sure the process is as hassle free as possible for you, including securing the return of any outstanding credit balance you may have. Once you have been contacted by your new supplier, you should ask them to put you on their cheapest deal or shop around if you are not happy with them. You won’t be charged exit fees."

From last weeks MSE email: "Let me be blunt. It's too late to bag this winter's cheapest energy deals. We've constantly nagged about cheap switcher tariffs being pulled, mostly on the back of big oil price rises. In early Sep, someone with typical use could lock in a cheap fix for £867/yr, now it's £1,005/yr - an unprecedented 16% monthly rise."

Just checked https://www.energyhelpline.com and the current cheapest deal is over £140 more that our deal with Usio :(
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure