Tumble dryer positioning

Hi

Our condenser tumble dryer normally lives in the garage. I know this isn't great but thanks to a tiny kitchen it's the only place it will fit unfortunately.

While we have our garage replaced I'm wondering about temporarily squeezing the tumble dryer into the hallway, rather than putting it into storage and being without it for a month or so. Can anyone see any issues with this, such as the extra weight on the floorboards, humidity levels etc? I don't want to get it in there and then realise I've overlooked an obvious problem.

Thanks very much.

Comments

• couriervanman
    couriervanman Posts: 1,667 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    why not make the most of the fine weather and dry clothes outside
  • Pinkangel
    Pinkangel Posts: 63 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Ha we will be :smiley: But I'm planning quite far ahead and the garage isn't being done for a few months, and we'll be without the contents for a while, so I fear our lovely weather might have taken a nosedive by then.
  • bris
    bris Posts: 10,548 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Just make sure it has enough room for air to circulate round it and it will be fine anywhere.
  • It can go in any room in the house. We have ours in the bathroom.
  • EssexExile
    EssexExile Posts: 6,132 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Tumble dryers aren't heavy & there shouldn't be much moisture if it's working right.
    Tall, dark & handsome. Well two out of three ain't bad.
  • peachyprice
    peachyprice Posts: 22,346 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    It's a condenser, it can go anywhere you want it to go.
    Accept your past without regret, handle your present with confidence and face your future without fear
  • FreeBear
    FreeBear Posts: 14,594 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    We have ours in the bathroom.

If the bathroom is big enough and the socket & appliance is more than 3m away from the edge of a bath or shower area (i.e. Zone 1), it is an option. But how many have bathrooms that big.
    Her courage will change the world.

Treasure the moments that you have. Savour them for as long as you can for they will never come back again.
  • kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Do you have a downstairs loo you can put it in? Have seen plenty of washers / dryers in those over the years, even if it means the toilet is out of use for a month or so at least it means the dryer is tucked away.
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• Pinkangel
    Pinkangel Posts: 63 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I would love a downstairs loo but sadly we don't have one. That would have been ideal though!
  • FreeBear wrote: »
    If the bathroom is big enough and the socket & appliance is more than 3m away from the edge of a bath or shower area (i.e. Zone 1), it is an option. But how many have bathrooms that big.
    its not plugged in the bathroom, use an extension to the landing socket, obviously it’s not plugged in while anyone is using the bathroom. We have space in the bathroom because we took out the bath and replaced with shower which created an ideal space.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure