Halifax bank account closed

124»

Comments

• Ed-1
    Ed-1 Posts: 3,867
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Candyapple wrote: »

Regarding the searches under your dad's name - what does it say next to 'Application Type'?

Presumably:

34ngl55.jpg
  • FizzyPop_2
    FizzyPop_2 Posts: 21 Forumite
    Candyapple wrote: »
    When you are in the credit report, click on 'Financial Associations' - what does it say?

Regarding the searches under your dad's name - what does it say next to 'Application Type'?

It says ‘You have no financial associations’.

Application type is ‘Unrecorded enquiry’. Really confused as just checked and out of all 5 unrecorded enquiries that they did, only 1 of them shows as my name and the rest my dads. Also I got my dad to check his report and all 4 of those coincide with what’s shown for him. Again for him no financial associations.
  • Ed-1
    Forumite
    FizzyPop wrote: »
    It says ‘You have no financial associations’.

Application type is ‘Unrecorded enquiry’. Really confused as just checked and out of all 5 unrecorded enquiries that they did, only 1 of them shows as my name and the rest my dads. Also I got my dad to check his report and all 4 of those coincide with what’s shown for him. Again for him no financial associations.

Are his LBG accounts still working?
  • FizzyPop_2
    Ed-1 wrote: »
    Presumably:

34ngl55.jpg

Close, says ‘Searched by: LLOYDS BANK (WAS LLOYDS TSB BANK)’
  • FizzyPop_2
    Are his LBG accounts still working?

Yes. They haven’t closed his account.
  • Ed-1
    Forumite
    Close, says ‘Searched by: LLOYDS BANK (WAS LLOYDS TSB BANK)’

24c64oi.jpg
  • Ed-1
    Forumite
    Yes. They haven’t closed his account.

All seems very strange. All I can suggest is to wait for the SARs and see if they shed any more light on what they've picked up on (or think they've picked up on).
  • FizzyPop_2
    All seems very strange. All I can suggest is to wait for the SARs and see if they shed any more light on what they've picked up on (or think they've picked up on).

Thanks. Hopefully I should have everything by the end of next week.
  • FizzyPop_2
    Hi,

Finally heard back. Just had letter from CIFAS today stating that there is no data on their systems for me. Now it’s just a waiting game for the others to get back to me on the SARs, main one being Halifax themselves.

Thanks to everyone for their help and suggestions. Will update again once I find out anything else.
  • FizzyPop_2
    Hiya guys,

Just wanted to update this. I got the final responses from National Hunter last week and Synectic Solutions just today. Both have clear for all applications made, including those for LBG. Not really sure why my account was closed then and why that specific letter was sent which I believe is sent to those where they suspect fraud?

Still waiting on LBG who sent a letter to say that they will email the data by the 19th which is today. Haven’t received anything yet though.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure