PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Land Registry questions

Comments

• Land_Registry
    Land_Registry Posts: 5,776 Organisation Representative
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Just to clarify, the one side of the piece of land is bordered by river the other three sides all accessed via the property only.

It appears that the when the seller bought, the value was so low as to not be concerned as was just a normal piece of the garden and may subsequently apply for adverse possession when they chose at a later date.
    They had no intentions of selling but their circumstances changed.
    The property has been refurbished now and now considerable worth more.
    It is a very old property dating back to 1800.
    Accompanying the sale is two declarations dating back nearly 30 years.

Form what I can gather, due to its position, nobody has bothered to claim!

What would constitute a legal claim? Or illegal claim?

The law is a complex one so you'd need to rely in your conveyancer to advise on that. Nobody else is going to be able to do that for you. And we can't advise you in the law.

The registration requirements are set out in our Practice Guide
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Land Registry. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Land_Registry
    edited 17 May 2019 at 3:14PM
    Camkite wrote: »
    Hi LR

I was wondering if you can give us an update on possible timescales for registry completion.

The forms were completed and sent into land registry in December 2018, we were led to believe it would take 6-8 weeks however its now middle of May and we are still left waiting.

Do you have a general time frame you can advise us on?

Any info would've greatly appreciated.

We have a backlog of certain types of work and I imagine this is one of those e.g new lease or transfer of part. Some are taking much longer than the average but if December then it should be considered soon. Hopefully if everything is in order it can be completed at the same time.
    I am the official company representative of Land Registry. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Camkite
    Camkite Posts: 8 Forumite
    Thanks for the swift reply.

It is indeed for part registry title deeds in question are: ST77232 & ST66950

If you can advise any info on them it would be a great help.

• Land_Registry
    Thanks for the swift reply.

It is indeed for part registry title deeds in question are: ST77232 & ST66950

If you can advise any info on them it would be a great help.

We do have an application pending relating to part of one of the titles mentioned. Can I ask for details of any of the parties involved so I can make sure that's the one your interested in?
  • Camkite
    Hi LR

It is actually land being changed before a house sale can take place, of which I am not involved in but am a beneficiary to the will in which the sale is taking place.

When you ask regarding the further info I am not sure what you require...

Some family members have had corrispondance with you before and we recieved similar correspondence "pending" so one can only assume it is the application.

Whenypu refer to "pending" does this mean it is now being dealt with or is it still in the que? Do you have any kind of time line guesstimate baring in mind the application was sent in December?
  • Timotei75
    Timotei75 Posts: 23 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    If I have read it right no application has been made yet. If so then 48hrs is very unlikely

Complete removal if a restrictive covenant is very rare, but possible. So such applications often have to be considered by more than one official. Timescales most likely will be a few weeks rather than 2 days.

Thank you for your quick response.

I think the matter has been discussed with LR so I’m hoping that’s why we have been told it could be resolved in 48 hours. I’m rather distrustful of the solicitors involved so wanted to see what I could find out.
  • Land_Registry
    Hi LR

It is actually land being changed before a house sale can take place, of which I am not involved in but am a beneficiary to the will in which the sale is taking place.

When you ask regarding the further info I am not sure what you require...

Some family members have had corrispondance with you before and we recieved similar correspondence "pending" so one can only assume it is the application.

Whenypu refer to "pending" does this mean it is now being dealt with or is it still in the que? Do you have any kind of time line guesstimate baring in mind the application was sent in December?
    Hi. That application has been the subject of correspondence so appears to the one you're interested in. It is still awaiting consideration, but if it is holding up a dependent transaction such as a sale, the solicitors acting can contact us with the appropriate evidence and we'll consider prioritising/expediting the application.
  • Camkite
    I'll make those dealing with the situation aware this is possible.

Cheers
  • Camkite
    LR

Sadly I've been told that as delays at the LR office are so stacked up its not been possible to expidite an application.

Almost 5 months since the application was submitted one really does hope that it can't be that much longer regardless.
  • [FONT=&quot]I'm in the process of buying a house that has 3 restrictions on the title deeds. Does anyone know on average how long it takes for the RX4 process to take with the Land Registry?[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Also who is normally liable to pay the additional fees to have these [/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]restrictions removed?[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]The restrictions are:[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]RESTRICTION[/FONT][FONT=&quot]: No disposition by a sole proprietor of the land (not being a trust corporation) under which capital money arises is to be registered except under an order of the registrar or of the Court.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]RESTRICTION[/FONT][FONT=&quot]: No disposition of the registered estate, other than a disposition by the proprietor of any registered charge registered before the entry of this restriction, is to be registered without a certificate signed by the applicant for registration or their conveyancer that written notice of the disposition was given to *********** (the trustee in bankruptcy of *********) at ***********[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]RESTRICTION[/FONT][FONT=&quot]: No disposition of the registered estate, other than a disposition by the proprietor of any registered charge registered before the entry of this restriction, is to be registered without a certificate signed by the applicant for registration or their conveyancer that written notice of the disposition was given to ******** and ******** (joint trustees in Bankruptcy of ********) at ********, being the person with the benefit of charging order under section 313 of the Insolvency Act 1986 on the beneficial interest of [/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]******** [/FONT] made by the Birmingham County Court.[/FONT]
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback