PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Land Registry questions

Comments

• Land_Registry
    Land_Registry Posts: 5,776 Organisation Representative
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    JJA80 wrote: »
    JJA80. I did contact Highways and they were very helpful. They have replied to you today but said I had to contact you for the details. Hopefully they have now been able to withdraw their objection. Are you able to give me that information? If they have withdrawn their objection how long will it be before you can give me your decision on approval?

If they have written to us then it has yet to be scanned and added to the application.
    Once it has been scanned and added the application will be referred back to the caseworker to consider/action as appropriate. As it's already expedited then that should happen fairly quickly and if the objection has been withdrawn the application completed.
    I am keeping an eye on the title TT93123 so will post again when I have an update
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Land Registry. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • gl1383
    gl1383 Posts: 4 Newbie
    A restriction can be cancelled (vendor) or withdrawn (restrictioner) and we often have to make wider checks to ensure that the restrictioner is happy for removal/application is genuine. Those checks can take a few weeks to complete as they are time sensitive

Happy to check if you have the title number?

Hi Land Registry,

Have you been able to look into this? We had an update yesterday saying once a copy of the will from the vendor's solicitor was received (which was sent yesterday) then the application should be completed same day.

The title number is SY188932 for 25 Bradstock Road, Epsom, KT17 2LD.

Thank you!
  • Tigertailor
    Tigertailor Posts: 43 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Hi LR,

We are purchasing a property with an unregistered piece of land in the middle of the garden. It has no title at LR.

There is no way to access that piece if land/garden except across the property.
    There are two declarations from previous owners declaring sole use and care of land for approx 30 years.

Would there be any reason for the application to register being refused?
  • Timotei75
    Timotei75 Posts: 23 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Hi, not sure if you are able to help?

I’m in the process of selling a house and there is an issue further down the chain regarding a covenant on a piece of woodland that is being sold with the residence.

The covenant apparently restricts building on the site and the lender wants it lifted. I have been told that we are waiting for a copy of the will but once sent along with the application from, it will take 48 hours for LR to action this. My question is whether that time scale is correct.

Many thanks.
  • Land_Registry
    Hi LR,

We are purchasing a property with an unregistered piece of land in the middle of the garden. It has no title at LR.

There is no way to access that piece if land/garden except across the property.
    There are two declarations from previous owners declaring sole use and care of land for approx 30 years.

Would there be any reason for the application to register being refused?

Probably not if their claim is legally valid. We won't decide until the application is made and we've looked at the 'facts'
    Biggest Q after that is why was there an island site of unregistered land for this long. But that woukd all be part of our considerations
    I am the official company representative of Land Registry. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Land_Registry
    Timotei75 wrote: »
    Hi, not sure if you are able to help?

I’m in the process of selling a house and there is an issue further down the chain regarding a covenant on a piece of woodland that is being sold with the residence.

The covenant apparently restricts building on the site and the lender wants it lifted. I have been told that we are waiting for a copy of the will but once sent along with the application from, it will take 48 hours for LR to action this. My question is whether that time scale is correct.

Many thanks.

If I have read it right no application has been made yet. If so then 48hrs is very unlikely

Complete removal if a restrictive covenant is very rare, but possible. So such applications often have to be considered by more than one official. Timescales most likely will be a few weeks rather than 2 days.
  • Tigertailor
    Tigertailor Posts: 43 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Probably not if their claim is legally valid. We won't decide until the application is made and we've looked at the 'facts'
    Biggest Q after that is why was there an island site of unregistered land for this long. But that woukd all be part of our considerations

Just to clarify, the one side of the piece of land is bordered by river the other three sides all accessed via the property only.

It appears that the when the seller bought, the value was so low as to not be concerned as was just a normal piece of the garden and may subsequently apply for adverse possession when they chose at a later date.
    They had no intentions of selling but their circumstances changed.
    The property has been refurbished now and now considerable worth more.
    It is a very old property dating back to 1800.
    Accompanying the sale is two declarations dating back nearly 30 years.

Form what I can gather, due to its position, nobody has bothered to claim!

What would constitute a legal claim? Or illegal claim?
  • Land_Registry
    gl1383 wrote: »
    Hi Land Registry,

Have you been able to look into this? We had an update yesterday saying once a copy of the will from the vendor's solicitor was received (which was sent yesterday) then the application should be completed same day.

The title number is SY188932 for 25 Bradstock Road, Epsom, KT17 2LD.

Thank you!
    I can confirm that the will document was received, but once considered further points arose which need to be addressed by the solicitor acting. We raised that further query with the solicitors on 16 May and are awaiting their reply.
  • gl1383
    gl1383 Posts: 4 Newbie
    I can confirm that the will document was received, but once considered further points arose which need to be addressed by the solicitor acting. We raised that further query with the solicitors on 16 May and are awaiting their reply.

Hi, thank you for the update.
  • Camkite
    Camkite Posts: 8 Forumite
    Hi LR

I was wondering if you can give us an update on possible timescales for registry completion.

The forms were completed and sent into land registry in December 2018, we were led to believe it would take 6-8 weeks however its now middle of May and we are still left waiting.

Do you have a general time frame you can advise us on?

Any info would've greatly appreciated.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure