Kufflink P2P lending chat thread

Comments

• masonic
    masonic Posts: 23,070
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Nardge wrote: »
    Hence why I was asking Masonic for his knowledge...
    Shedman is correct, if you receive vouchers instead of cash then the face value of those vouchers is treated as taxable income. In the case of more obscure benefits received in exchange for providing a service, then these too would be taxable, and the recipient would have the unpleasant job of valuing them in a way in which HMRC would accept.
  • usman330
    usman330 Posts: 131
    First Post
    Forumite
    Is Kufflink still a decent place to park a little cash?
    Anyone want to refer me and share their referral bonus?
  • MallyGirl
    MallyGirl Posts: 6,565
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Senior Ambassador
    There is a referrers thread for that - it is not allowed here

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Pensions, Annuities & Retirement Planning, Loans
    & Credit Cards boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.
    All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • usman330
    usman330 Posts: 131
    First Post
    Forumite
    I couldnt find the referrers thread, has it gone?
  • masonic
    Forumite
    It's been deleted at least a couple of times now, so I guess MSE has something against it. There were formerly a few people offering to share at least half of their bonus (not me, I don't want the headache of working out my tax liability). They'll probably pick up on your post and get in touch.
  • Shedman
    Shedman Posts: 1,485
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    As its that time of year (end of tax year) I thought the response I had from Kuflink re treatment of various forms of cashback might be useful to some of you:

"Any reserve cashback is tax free (ie the cashback in lieu of interest before a reserved loan goes live).
    Cashback you receive being a joining cashback/for being referred to Kuflink is tax free.
    Cashback you receive for referring users to Kuflink is taxable, due to this is classed as commission."
  • masonic
    Forumite
    Shedman wrote: »
    "Any reserve cashback is tax free (ie the cashback in lieu of interest before a reserved loan goes live).
    Cashback you receive being a joining cashback/for being referred to Kuflink is tax free.
    Cashback you receive for referring users to Kuflink is taxable, due to this is classed as commission."
    Very good of them to confirm it. I've known other firms say they cannot give tax advice and merely suggest that if you are unsure you should consult an accountant or tax adviser.
  • Shedman
    Shedman Posts: 1,485
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    masonic wrote: »
    Very good of them to confirm it. I've known other firms say they cannot give tax advice and merely suggest that if you are unsure you should consult an accountant or tax adviser.

Yes - not only did the chat CS confirm this but it was an instant response (whereas like you I was expecting a fob off or a bit of a difficult time getting the info) so that gives me confidence in the staff's knowledge and competence. Seems to be a well run setup.
  • sovsov1357
    sovsov1357 Posts: 38
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Am interested in signing up for full cashback(£250). Anyone want to refer me and split their referral bonus?(£125 each)
  • chong168
    chong168 Posts: 88
    First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    sam_scott wrote: »
    Am interested in signing up for full cashback(£250). Anyone want to refer me and split their referral bonus?(£125 each)

Hi Sam, have PM'ed you
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport