NatWest mortgage advice please!!!!

Comments

• ACG
    ACG Posts: 23,720 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've helped Parliament
    I hate application trackers. They are only as up to date as the person updating them.

They cause so many headaches. When we send a document to a lender, it can take 2-3 days for them to look at it and assess it. During those 2-3 days, the customer checks the application and assumes we are sat twiddling our thumbs as it still shows as outstanding.
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a mortgage adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • Our Nat west mortgage application went in via our broker on Wednesday 13th feb, haven’t heard about valuation as of yet but that the application is with the underwriters and they have requested my last 3 months payslips . Hopefully we hear more this week!
  • Sgmetro
    Sgmetro Posts: 18 Forumite
    As far as I’m aware the broker sent in all our documents (payslips, bank statements etc) with the application... so hopefully we won’t need to produce any more... broker said they might query some things but is normal. Hope everyone gets good news soon!!! X
  • My last proper meeting with the broker was in October, our house just sold so she has my old payslips. So my latest ones will be passed on to NatWest, hoping once they have these we get more info! Good luck x
  • Verix
    Verix Posts: 241 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    starM wrote: »
    My remortgage application took less than 2 weeks for mortgage offer with NatWest. The best way is ring NatWest and ask for your application refs number so you can track the application yourself on NatWest website.

Much easier and you don't have to wait an update from the broker then.

Natwest are a good lender generally but their application tracker is not the best. As ACG has mentioned, they say that they have documents 'outstanding' which are in their possession, just not been fully assessed yet. If you're the sort of nervous person who wants to benefit of using a tracker then this kind of misinformation isn't helpful.
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • starM
    starM Posts: 1,464 Forumite
    Verix,

ACG is a mortgage broker so he would have dealt with mortgage tracker allot of times. May be its not for everyone but I am going by my experience and I had no problems with the NatWest tracker. Its not misinformation, its my opinion which I can say on public forum.
  • rijack
    rijack Posts: 30 Forumite
    We recently received our offer from NatWest. All in all took about 3 weeks.
    Everyone is obviously different but on day 1 the credit check etc. was passed then it's just a case of any additional information to support what you've included in the application.

We were asked for payslips, proof of deposit, some additional payslips to support bonus and that was it.

In terms of the portal, I think it's been alluded to, but it's not "exact". I.e. your broker might provide your payslips on Monday, it would take about 24 hours for them to be added to the application, then maybe another 24 hours for them to be reviewed.

We typically found that for each piece of evidence requested, it was about 2 days for the next update.

Trust your broker is what I say.. You may get tempted to call NatWest yourself.. I did this purely because i was hoping for some kind of update on a Friday to end the week and my broker was out of office. All that i got told is that they were still waiting on documentation that my broker had uploaded a day or two before, hence the timelines i mention above. On the Monday we had our offer.

Good luck with the application :)
  • Thanks for reply rijack!
    That’s good too know... I got my hopes up when the broker mentioned the applicators has been accepted on day 1... thinking we were passed the underwriters stage etc!!
    I think our broker supplied all the info (payslips/proof of deposit etc) in with our application. So hopefully if they need anything more we will hear soon.
    Did your broker let you know when the valuation was taking place and how long after the application was submitted did that happen?
  • Anyone had any further update? I’m honestly sitting at the end of my chair waiting for one.
    I hate this whole process it’s so stressful. Fingers crossed for news today!
  • Sgmetro
    Sgmetro Posts: 18 Forumite
    I’ve had a email saying valuation is booked in for next week... have you heard about valuation yet heam2005?!
    I’m hoping this means my application and documents have passed underwriters
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport