Pure Planet reviews: add your feedback

Comments

• PurePlanet
    PurePlanet Posts: 199 Organisation Representative
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    kirwood wrote: »
    I tried to transfer to Pure Planet today. Their system says I am on a prepaid meter, which they cannot accept. I checked with both my current suppliers and, as I thought, I am on a smart meter with monthly credit paid by direct debit.

I tried using their help bot but it is apparently less intelligent than me. It was unable to recognise the question, despite numerous variations and so I am nowhere.

Having no other means of communication than a bot is commendable if it works. In its current state it can only act as a deterrent to potential users.

The MSE deal offers the potential for @£10 a week saving. I shall be quite miffed if I miss it. :(

Hi kirwood
    Great to hear that you're looking to switch to Pure Planet :j
    It sounds like your meters are incorrectly registered as pre-pay in the national database. This can happen - a supplier replaces meters (for example to fit 1st generation smart meters) and doesn't update it.
    You should ask your current supplier to update the database. It'll take a few weeks, but this will also prevent a further potential headache further down the line if you decide to switch.
    Right now if you sent opening meter readings to a new supplier it's likely they will be way off your estimated usage, and will be rejected by the energy regulator. Because the estimated usage will be linked to the old meters.

Hope that helps

Marc @ Pure Planet
    Verified Company
    I am a verified representative of Pure Planet. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the Verified Companies list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE.
  • After agreeing to switch I received an email from MSE saying Pure Planet refused the switch but couldn't say why. I switched again to British Gas but have discovered that Pure Plane took my first direct debit payment and have charged me over £76 for 22 days of fuel which is way above what we'd normally pay at this time of year. As I can't speak to a person I am unable to dispute this. It's very frustrating and I wouldn't recommend based on this. The robot tells me I have to wait up to 6 weeks for a refund of the rest of my direct debit payment.
  • PurePlanet
    Ratbag18 wrote: »
    After agreeing to switch I received an email from MSE saying Pure Planet refused the switch but couldn't say why. I switched again to British Gas but have discovered that Pure Plane took my first direct debit payment and have charged me over £76 for 22 days of fuel which is way above what we'd normally pay at this time of year. As I can't speak to a person I am unable to dispute this. It's very frustrating and I wouldn't recommend based on this. The robot tells me I have to wait up to 6 weeks for a refund of the rest of my direct debit payment.

Hi Ratbag18
    Thanks for the feedback. We wouldn't have refused your switch, but we would have had to stop it if there was an objection from your previous supplier.
    The first payment would be your first full month on supply. We also take a little more in winter, and a little less in summer, to reflect our Members' energy usage.
    As you switched away after 22 days, we'll arrange for the difference to be refunded.
    Sorry that it didn't work out for you. Please don't give up on renewables.

Marc @ Pure Planet
    Verified Company
    I am a verified representative of Pure Planet. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the Verified Companies list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE.
  • Joined last month - all smooth until just three weeks after joining they anounced £122 per year increase in billing.
    ...they couldn’t even wait a month! What a con!! Wish I’d stayed where I was!!!
    Don’t waste your time...
  • PurePlanet
    Karl999 wrote: »
    Joined last month - all smooth until just three weeks after joining they anounced £122 per year increase in billing.
    ...they couldn’t even wait a month! What a con!! Wish I’d stayed where I was!!!
    Don’t waste your time...

HI Karl999
    We understand it's frustrating because you've just joined us.
    We've one, simple tariff that's variable - it can go up as well as down.
    Even after this change, we're still extremely competitive so we hope you'll decide to stay.
    If not, simply switch to another supplier. We don't charge any exit fees.
    Thanks for joining Pure Planet.

Marc @ Pure Planet
    Verified Company
  • PurePlanet wrote: »
    HI Karl999
    We understand it's frustrating because you've just joined us.
    We've one, simple tariff that's variable - it can go up as well as down.
    Even after this change, we're still extremely competitive so we hope you'll decide to stay.
    If not, simply switch to another supplier. We don't charge any exit fees.
    Thanks for joining Pure Planet.

Marc @ Pure Planet

What an arrogant comment - 'If' not, simply switch to another supplier.'

Now I'm glad I had problems with the switching process and didn't complete!
  • I joined these and my switch went through today. I also got a email today saying :

This means that, for a typical household using both electricity and gas, the average cost will rise by 8.4%*.

Lovely timing... I take it I can just switch straight away again?
  • PurePlanet
    I joined these and my switch went through today. I also got a email today saying :
    This means that, for a typical household using both electricity and gas, the average cost will rise by 8.4%*.
    Lovely timing... I take it I can just switch straight away again?

Hi jeff_flambino
    I understand it's frustrating because you've just joined us.
    We've one, simple tariff that's variable - it can go up as well as down - and when it does someone, somewhere will have just joined us... so it's nothing personal.
    Even after this change, we're still extremely competitive so I hope you'll decide to stay. If not, you switch to another supplier after you've been with us for 10 days. We don't charge any exit fees. Thanks for joining Pure Planet.

Marc @ Pure Planet
    Verified Company
  • Marcio45
    Marcio45 Posts: 240 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    In defense of Pure Planet all suppliers are increasing their prices. I have just joined the company and they paid my amazon voucher on the day of switch.
    On comparison websites there are only a few cheaper than Pure Planet tarrif from January, but only by £20. Probably not worth another switch... for now.
  • w0z
    w0z Posts: 38 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    jackboy1 wrote: »

What an arrogant comment - 'If' not, simply switch to another supplier.'

Now I'm glad I had problems with the switching process and didn't complete!
    The comment simply says if you decide not to stay you can switch to another supplier, (btw there is no exit penalty).
    Not arrogant at all.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure