Flight delay and cancellation compensation, Easyjet ONLY

Comments

• alanwsg
    alanwsg Posts: 763
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    cazza007 wrote: »
    Submitted a form on easy jets site to start the ball rolling for a claim, but have not received a confirmation as yet, anybody know how long it normally take to get a reply or even an acknowledgement?
    TIA
    took mine about 10 days before I got a "we're looking at it " reply.
  • Gamegal
    Gamegal Posts: 102
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    We were due to fly from Alicante to Bristol on the 23:55 flight on 25th. At 17:57 we received an email saying they'd had to cancel our flight, no explanation. We opted to rebook, the first flight available is tomorrow same time so we jumped at that. Now we find out tomorrow is a strike day so wondering if we'll be cancelled again. Arghhh!!
  • Justice13075
    Justice13075 Posts: 2,008
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Depending on the reason for the cancellation you might be due €250 compensation per passenger, also they owe you a duty of care which means them paying for the hotel and your refreshments minus alcoholic drinks. Google Vaubans guide it's all explained there.
  • Ploppy1
    Ploppy1 Posts: 5 Forumite
    0540 flight cancelled after we arrived at airport. No notification before that presume none sent as everyone else travelled too. Refund request for flight and hotel being processed but Easyjet refusing to compensate us our taxi fare to and from airport (over 200 pounds). I'm livid as this is alot of money,can they refuse this? I was further wound up by their email which said they hoped the cancellation of the flight didn't cause too much inconvenience. We lost our holiday just how inconvenient do they think that was. Their previousvemail acknowledging our cancellation request apologised for the cancelled flight followed by 'have a nice day'. Nah that didn't p me off much at all. Thanks in advance for any advice
  • Gamegal
    Gamegal Posts: 102
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Ploppy1 wrote: »
    0540 flight cancelled after we arrived at airport. No notification before that presume none sent as everyone else travelled too. Refund request for flight and hotel being processed but Easyjet refusing to compensate us our taxi fare to and from airport (over 200 pounds). I'm livid as this is alot of money,can they refuse this? I was further wound up by their email which said they hoped the cancellation of the flight didn't cause too much inconvenience. We lost our holiday just how inconvenient do they think that was. Their previousvemail acknowledging our cancellation request apologised for the cancelled flight followed by 'have a nice day'. Nah that didn't p me off much at all. Thanks in advance for any advice

It's a sod it really is, isn't it? They cancelled our flight 25/6 &rebooked us for tonight but it's up in the lap of the Gods tonight as it's a French ATC strike. Whenever will we get home?

Check out ..

Claim form from Easyjet site
    https://www.easyjet.com/EN/Reclaim.mvc/Index

And, already mentioned on the thread ...

VAUBAN'S GUIDE TO CLAIMING COMPENSATION https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/w6hmpy5ysxpck6k/Vauban%27s%20Guide%20to%20Claiming%20Flight%20Delay%20Compensation.pdf?dl=1
  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,084
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Ploppy1 wrote: »
    What was the reason for the cancellation? Why did you go to airport in a taxi costing £100?!
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • TOPSie
    TOPSie Posts: 22 Forumite
    We were due to fly EasyJet Manchester to Geneve on 7th June with an onward train journey to Italy - booked separately. We arrived at the airport to be told there was a 5 hour delay. We sought a few alternatives but there was no way to get to Geneve in time for the train, so we just had to endure the wait. On arrival at Geneve we had to rebook the train at an extra cost of £126 (our original tickets had been £44 - book in advance, no refund).
    Upon our return (13th June) (no delay this time!!) we went through the EasyJet website and made separate claims for the 250Euro flight delay compensation and the £126 extra train fare (wasn't sure we would get this as we had booked this ourselves separately and was not part of any deal with EasyJet).
    But as of yesterday (still in June) we have had two separate emails from EasyJet agreeing to pay us in full for both claims - so just waiting for the cheques "please allow up to 21 days"
  • Ploppy1
    Technical fault,can't be helped would rather be safe. We had a taxi from Portsmouth that was 55.00 so not bad. That left and could not return after we were told flight cancelled. We had to use the taxi company at Gatwick which was really ridiculously expensive but after being up since 1 tired and disappointed I wasn't up to searching the internet to get a better quote.
  • Ploppy1
    That's great and the least they can do
  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,084
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    You are also due compensation under reg 261/2004 for the cancellation if it was a tech fault with plane, even though you got a refund.
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport