Eon energy reviews: Give your feedback

Options

Comments

• Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc
    Options
    Smodlet wrote: »
    Senior moment? Never, Malc and thank you for all your support during and after my switch.

I know I used to lig on here when I was not even an Eon customer and it is down to you and Helena that I chose Eon when the time came for me to switch... Yes, it is all o' y'all's fault. :D

Please enjoy your week end, too. :)

Thanks for that Smodlet. The two of us are happy to help wherever we can.

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    Options
    Terry98 wrote: »
    Hi Malc

Any further news on the SMETS1 upgrades installed by other suppliers. I want to get back to the 21st century and stop having to crawl under cupboards every month to read my meter!

Hello Terry98 and the trials I've spoken about before are now at an advanced stage.

We're looking to start remote upgrades before the end of the year and aim to complete the migration by December 2020. Once done, we'll write to let you know.

Sorry I can't be more specific Terry98.

Malc
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Lappleby3
    Options
    As part of the tariff I signed up to I agreed to be contacted about Smart meters. They keep sending me emails telling me I have agreed to have a Smart Meter INSTALLED. Despite them accepting (in writing) that I am correct in my reading of the terms and conditions I signed up to they continue to send me (and presumably other customers that don't have the time to read the detailed Ts & Cs) emails telling me that I have agreed to have them installed. I have definitely agreed to be "contacted" about Smart Meters but emailing me and phoning me every week (sometimes) more when I have politely refused installation is harrassment and bullying and way beyond what could be considered reasonable. I know they have targets but if you don't want a Smart Meter stay well clear of EOn!
  • SeeMe
    SeeMe Posts: 343 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Lappleby3 wrote: »
    As part of the tariff I signed up to I agreed to be contacted about Smart meters. They keep sending me emails telling me I have agreed to have a Smart Meter INSTALLED. Despite them accepting (in writing) that I am correct in my reading of the terms and conditions I signed up to they continue to send me (and presumably other customers that don't have the time to read the detailed Ts & Cs) emails telling me that I have agreed to have them installed. I have definitely agreed to be "contacted" about Smart Meters but emailing me and phoning me every week (sometimes) more when I have politely refused installation is harrassment and bullying and way beyond what could be considered reasonable. I know they have targets but if you don't want a Smart Meter stay well clear of EOn!

I notice the e on rep on here has posted on another thread after this post, but seems to be keeping well clear of your post. hmmmm
  • nwc389
    nwc389 Posts: 497 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options

I was just about to change to this tariff this morning but changed my mind when I saw the bit about smart meters. I read it the same as you - that I would agree to be contacted. However the way it was worded did put me off and so I have stayed on my old tariff .
  • EnergyRookie
    Options

Unfortunately you agreed to be contacted about having smart meters installed , so the supplier is contacting you about having smart meters installed.

You say you have it in writing from the supplier that you do not need to agree to such an installation.

But that does not prevent the supplier contacting you in line with the agreement you willingly entered into.

If you no longer wish to be contacted about having smart meters installed, contact the supplier who will move you to a tariff that is not dependant on accepting this requirement, and should then agree to reduce the contacts if that is your issue, and you explain why.

Unfortunately, the government & regulator are pushing suppliers to encourage consumers to accept smart metering (despite it not being an obligation of the consumer to accept them), so you will still receive some contact, but it should reduce significantly.

There are currently a limited number of suppliers, which tend to be the newer/smaller ones, that do not yet support smart metering. So if you switch to them, they won't be contacting you immediately about having a smart meter installed, but all suppliers will have to offer them in the near future.

Indeed, the regulator sets targets for suppliers to meet for the installation of smart metering, and will sanction suppliers that fail.
  • SeeMe
    SeeMe Posts: 343 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options

If you no longer wish to be contacted about having smart meters installed, contact the supplier who will move you to a tariff that is not dependant on accepting this requirement, and should then agree to reduce the contacts if that is your issue, and you explain why.

So in other words move you to a more expensive tariff
  • Lappleby3
    Options
    @SeeMe. I'm afraid you are missing my point. I am already signed up to a tariff that doesn't require me to have smart meters installed. I am perfectly happy to receive a reasonable level of contact from EON regarding Smart meters installed. But a) the communications they send lie to me about what I've signed up to and b) communication 3 or 4 times a week is excessive and unreasonable. That frequency is harrassment/bullying to my mind.
  • Lappleby3
    Options
    Sorry @SeeMe it was @EnergyRook that missed my point :(
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    @SeeMe. I'm afraid you are missing my point. I am already signed up to a tariff that doesn't require me to have smart meters installed. I am perfectly happy to receive a reasonable level of contact from EON regarding Smart meters installed. But a) the communications they send lie to me about what I've signed up to and b) communication 3 or 4 times a week is excessive and unreasonable. That frequency is harrassment/bullying to my mind.
    Sorry @SeeMe it was @EnergyRook that missed my point :(

Hello Lappleby3 and I'm sorry you feel we're harassing you about smart meters.

If you've signed up to a tariff where the T&Cs say you've only agreed to be contacted about smart meters (section 11.1) then you're fine to turn them down and stay on your chosen tariff. Smart meters are optional.

I must admit, the frequency of contact you've described is much more than I'm aware of. I'll take this away and investigate.

You're right about our regulatory obligation to offer smart meters to all our customers. We've also a duty to let customers know about any significant changes to the project such as the new SMETS2 meters we're now installing. These have sorted the problem of customers losing their smart capabilities following a change of supplier. This was a major reason a lot of customers didn't want smart meters so we're letting them know in case they've changed their mind.

I totally accept there are some who won't change their mind and these customers can either ignore the messages or arrange with our Outcome Management team for an opt-out. We might still need to be in touch at some point as per our obligations; it's just that the timings of this contact will be adjusted so they're much less frequent than now.

I've also spoken quite a bit on these Forums about some of the content in our smart meter messages. I'm sending these posts to those at E.ON responsible for this messaging so they can see the impact they're having. I'll include your posts in my next report due to go tomorrow.

Sorry again for the frequency of our contacts Lappleby3 and thank you for your feedback.

Malc
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback