PoundStretchers bargains

Comments

• PLRFD
    PLRFD Posts: 1,123
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Thanks for that I love Blue Riband with a cup of tea and dark chocolate on it sounds yummy,on a side note here in Sheffield we had a new cheapy shop open on a retail park called Bargain Buys,checked it out,it was all nice and light and new but somehow seemed familiar,I put a coat on this morning for a wet dog walk and found a receipt from there in the pocket which said Poundstretcher trading as Bargain Buys.
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    Aldiva - Viamio wafer biscuits 20p for pack of 3 (105g)
    Dark chocolate coated wafer with cocoa cream.

My dad likes them and says they remind him of 'Blue Riband' with dark chocolate.
    Sorry - I meant to have posted about this a few weeks ago, but wasn't sure if it was a local offer because of the ?Turkish? script on the side (I found them in a North London store). They do indeed taste just like Blue Riband and I'm no fan of dark chocolate. I bought a couple of packets and served them with a pot of tea one afternoon. Mum initially wasn't impressed at my choice (she really hates dark chocolate) but somehow scoffed two in a row without complaint :rotfl:

I went back the next week and bought an outer of 24 :D . The only thing I would warn about is that some are a touch crumbly at the ends, and if not stored in a fridge, the chocolate tends to stick to the inside wrapper.
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • dlusman
    dlusman Posts: 2,711
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    VfM4meplse wrote: »
    Sorry - I meant to have posted about this a few weeks ago, but wasn't sure if it was a local offer because of the ?Turkish? script on the side (I found them in a North London store).

Yes - they are from Turkey by a company called Aldiva.
    When the Poundstretchers documentary was on last year they showed the biscuit buyer going to various different countries you wouldnt normally expect , to try and get the cheapest/best deals
  • Doc_N
    Doc_N Posts: 8,267
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    dlusman wrote: »
    Yes - they are from Turkey by a company called Aldiva.
    When the Poundstretchers documentary was on last year they showed the biscuit buyer going to various different countries you wouldnt normally expect , to try and get the cheapest/best deals

And they’re still trying to shift those biscuits. Cheap, but extremely unpalatable.
  • VfM4meplse
    Forumite
    Doc_N wrote: »
    And they’re still trying to shift those biscuits. Cheap, but extremely unpalatable.
    I like them, but appreciate taste is down to the individual.

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • dlusman
    dlusman Posts: 2,711
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    Doc_N wrote: »

Yep - my local is stuffed with various flavours of their Wagon Wheels copies
  • Doc_N
    Doc_N Posts: 8,267
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    dlusman wrote: »
    Yep - my local is stuffed with various flavours of their Wagon Wheels copies

Leave them a few weeks (not that difficult!) and they're stronger (and more difficult to eat) than real wagon wheels!
  • PLRFD
    Forumite
    Went in today Duncan got these and quite nice with a cuppa good doggie.

02-B9-D2-E9-10-B0-481-C-AA21-A7-E14-E4-E6628.jpg
    rs5 0 60 mph
  • VfM4meplse
    Forumite
    ^^Them's the ones. Perfectly edible.

• PLRFD
    Forumite
    She who must be obeyed just tried one with a coffee which turned into 2 she asked how much they were I said 20p which turned into 3 and a quick I’ll take a packet to work :cool:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure