LISA and help to buy

Hello,

My bf and I are looking to buy a flat at some point next year. I have a LISA and a help to buy, he has just a help to buy. My LISA currently has more in it than my help to buy does so could we use my LISA and his help to buy together or would they both need to be the same?

Comments

• eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 30,995 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    A couple can mix'n'match, i.e. one person uses LISA and the other uses HTB, provided of course that the purchase meets the requirements of both schemes.
  • Thank you, that's really helpful!
  • eskbanker wrote: »
    A couple can mix'n'match, i.e. one person uses LISA and the other uses HTB, provided of course that the purchase meets the requirements of both schemes.

Does this mean that both together can only buy a house up to £250k even though one person has a LISA? Where the 250k limit does not apply.
  • eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 30,995 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    JohnB2020 wrote: »
    Does this mean that both together can only buy a house up to £250k even though one person has a LISA? Where the 250k limit does not apply.
    Yes, it does indeed mean that, unless the property is in London, with its higher HTB limit of £450K.
  • eskbanker wrote: »
    Yes, it does indeed mean that, unless the property is in London, with its higher HTB limit of £450K.

I was afraid that would be the case.

Thank you for your reply.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family