TSB Classic Plus for new members + Quidco Cashback = Free £95

Options

Comments

• Milarky
    Milarky Posts: 6,355 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    dcs34 wrote: »
    Just to confirm, you can also open a Classic Account (won't earn interest) if you're already the holder of a Classic Plus and don't want to play a game at of TSB Online Account Opening Systems Roulette...

Also it seems TSB have changed their password requirements for new customers in the past few years so seems like it'll be tricky to link both of my accounts, seeing as it won't accept my current password...
    Just opened a Quidco free account (downgraded for simplicity)

Done this with TSB. Classic Account is opened. Gave 'new' user and p/w rather than implicate existing ID. Will wait until activation letter comes.
    .....under construction.... COVID is a [discontinued] scam
  • Zanderman
    Zanderman Posts: 4,683 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    New account now appeared in my online banking, on existing login. Despite having to set up new user name and password when opening account (neither ever used).

As Ed-1 predicted above I had an email saying
    When you applied for your new account, we noticed that you were already registered for internet banking. As you haven’t logged in within the past 90 days, to make things easier for you, we’ll cancel your old Internet Banking registration and keep the news ones you’ve just set up.

This is completely untrue - I log regularly, last time only a few days ago.

And also they didn't cancel the old registration, they cancelled the new one.
    Just follow all the steps below and start discovering the ease of managing your new account online. Your new account will appear in the next seven days.

It's there now
    Here’s what to do to manage your new online account
    1. Once you receive your activation code in the post - you’ll find this in your internet banking welcome letter.
    2. Go to tsb.co.uk and click 'Log in'.
    3. Enter your new User ID and password that you set up when you opened your new account.
    4. Create your memorable information.
    5. Enter your activation code.
    6. That’s it. You’re all set up for internet banking.

Will I really get a code in the post? And if I do what's it for?

TSB really do seem to go out of their way to talk nonsense about their online systems.

If I hadn't seen Ed-1's post warning that this was the email I'd get, but that everything it said was wrong, I might genuinely have thought I did have to use the new login and might have waited (probably in vain) for the code.
  • clivep
    clivep Posts: 577 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 20 November 2019 at 4:25PM
    Options
    Same experience as Zanderman.

Don't forget to turn on paperless statements and correspondence in order to qualify for the payout (these were both off by default).

I made 2 x £500 quick transfers from my Classic Plus a/c to the new Classic a/c then 2 x quick transfers back again. This would appear to be double the transactions needed this month to qualify but I'm being cautious.

There's no stipulation about the transactions needing to be from or to external a/cs so presumably internal transfers satisfy the requirements.

There's also no requirement for DDs but I may move a couple of £1 ones (PO & BM) that are surplus to requirements [STRIKE]with Barclays following the recent switch from Santander to get another 12 months double blue rewards[/STRIKE]. Funding these in the TSB Classic a/c would then be easy by using the monthly interest from the Classic Plus a/c. The Classic a/c would then be primed and ready to go (once the Quidco cashback has been received of course) for any future switch.

After further thought, I may as well move the pair of DDs from my new Lloyds a/c as I won't be using it for interest but rather for the regular saver and cinema tickets. DDs weren't needed to get the Lloyds switch bonus but were on my old second BOS a/c that got switched.
  • keiran
    keiran Posts: 739 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Is anyone trying for more than one new TSB account, and what likely success?
  • ceredigion
    ceredigion Posts: 3,709 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    New debit cards in the post this morning, can't believe their computer algorithms haven't waved a big red flag at me.
  • Beachboy87
    Options
    Do you have to turn on paperless statements and correspondence during the application? I did not see this. Or is this once the internet banking set up?
  • Ed-1
    Ed-1 Posts: 3,892 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    ceredigion wrote: »
    New debit cards in the post this morning, can't believe their computer algorithms haven't waved a big red flag at me.

How many? ..
  • ceredigion
    Options
    Ed-1 wrote: »
    How many? ..

Three came today, assume the fourth is on its way . All four are showing online.
  • ceredigion
    Options
    Beachboy87 wrote: »
    Do you have to turn on paperless statements and correspondence during the application? I did not see this. Or is this once the internet banking set up?

You do it, in online baking.
  • quirkydeptless
    Options
    ceredigion wrote: »
    You do it, in online baking.

Yum! :icotbaske Yum! :bdaycake:
    Retired 1st July 2021.
    This is not investment advice.
    Your money may go "down and up and down and up and down and up and down ... down and up and down and up and down and up and down ... I got all tricked up and came up to this thing, lookin' so fire hot, a twenty out of ten..."
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback