Boots Christmas offers

Comments

• The 25% is a damp squid in my opinion. Why would they replace the popular 3 for 2?

I guess the only way this 25% offer better is if you are only buying a single item. Last week I combined the 3 for 2 offers, with the spend over £60 (online) for £10 worth of points along with the £10 worth of points for the Boss Intense for men,and received over £20 worth of points for a £62 spend and an extra little bit with Topcashback. Boots have certainly lost my interest until the 3 for 2 returns.

Do they take all the green labels off all their products now?
  • tessie_bear
    tessie_bear Posts: 4,898 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    please could i ask does anyone think the big joules bag will be a gift of the week ? i like the look of it but at 50 quid i think i will have to wait for an offer...many thanks to all who post i buy a fair few gifts from boots and its very useful x
    onwards and upwards
  • Figgi
    Figgi Posts: 280 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Dee1901 wrote: »
    The 25% is a damp squid in my opinion. Why would they replace the popular 3 for 2?

I guess the only way this 25% offer better is if you are only buying a single item. Last week I combined the 3 for 2 offers, with the spend over £60 (online) for £10 worth of points along with the £10 worth of points for the Boss Intense for men,and received over £20 worth of points for a £62 spend and an extra little bit with Topcashback. Boots have certainly lost my interest until the 3 for 2 returns.

Do they take all the green labels off all their products now?

Why would they take the green labels off? That doesn’t say 3 for 2. The new adverts say that it means something else, eg 25% off.

People moan every year about the 3 for 2 so this year they are trying to change things up a bit. I personally think the 3 for 2 will be back during this year but they will keep switching it around and see which works best, if sales drop then the 25% might not return
  • sampan26
    sampan26 Posts: 643 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Savvy Shopper!
    Isn't 25% off, the same as 3 4 2? I got some things, and it worked out pretty similar!
    I am a Boots fa, and prefer money off, rather than 3 for 2, or points promo's, as I need to save this Xmas!

Fair play to Boots, to keep up with the changing shopping habits, as the high street is dead out there!

Got the No7 advent calendar which wasn't 25% off, but got my contact lense discount of 10% at least :)

Points event Friday to Sunday this week, so hopefully offers may change, if not my next shopping binge shall be Black Friday - 29th Nov!
  • sampan26 wrote: »
    Isn't 25% off, the same as 3 4 2? I got some things, and it worked out pretty similar!
    I am a Boots fa, and prefer money off, rather than 3 for 2, or points promo's, as I need to save this Xmas!

Fair play to Boots, to keep up with the changing shopping habits, as the high street is dead out there!

Got the No7 advent calendar which wasn't 25% off, but got my contact lense discount of 10% at least :)

Points event Friday to Sunday this week, so hopefully offers may change, if not my next shopping binge shall be Black Friday - 29th Nov!

342 works out at a third off (33%) if all 3 items were the same price. If you bought 3 items with varying prices such as £20, £15 and £15 the total would be £50 less £15 for the free item which is a discount of 30%. If you bought items costing £20, £15 and £10 the total would be £45 less £10 for the free item which is a discount of just over 22%. It depends what you buy as to whether you are better off with a 342 or a 25% discount. You just need to decide which items you want to buy and which discount works best for you then buy when that offer is on.
  • Figgi
    New Big Deal starting on Wednesday when the Harry Potter and Febty ones end.

Champneys Ultimate Pampering reversible tote bag gift, going to half price £25 from Wednesday
  • Spendless
    Spendless Posts: 24,138 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Figgi wrote: »
    Why would they take the green labels off? That doesn’t say 3 for 2. The new adverts say that it means something else, eg 25% off.
    I think many people tend not to read signs/information. I notice it because I take a great deal of notice of the written word (eg school newsletters, parking signs) and frequently notice others don't have the same attention to detail. Over the years people have got used to a green label meaning 3 for 2 and will be oblivious to it changing, until told by the SA at the till. Not sure what adverts you mean? If it's on tv then I have a DH who switches over every time the ad break comes on. It drives me nuts, I frequently miss the Christmas tv adverts because of him doing this.
  • kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,835 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Spendless, take the tv controls away from him! :)

I do this to my OH, and stick them under the cushion the cat sits on, he wouldn't dream of moving the cat!!
    Breast Cancer Now 2022 100 miles October 100 / 100miles
    Sun, Sea

2024 7/28 lbs to go.
  • Figgi
    From Thursday to Monday some areas of Christmas gifting is moving to 50% off, and some to 33% and some staying at 25%.

There are also a new set of 12 Big Bets and 6 Fragrance Big Bets as well as a couple of new Big Deals.
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Figgi wrote: »
    From Thursday to Monday some areas of Christmas gifting is moving to 50% off, and some to 33% and some staying at 25%.

There are also a new set of 12 Big Bets and 6 Fragrance Big Bets as well as a couple of new Big Deals.
    I walked through the large Boots in town this evening and couldn't help but think there's a load of carp in easily wrappable boxes that no one actually covets. Buying them is just a case of giving for giving's sake and not MSE.
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure