Cross Stitch and Craft Cafe 2020

Options

Comments

• nmm
    nmm Posts: 2,382 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Love the bowl Jazee, reminds me of a t-shirt yarn basket i've made they are so handy and like you say washable.

49410694672_e183100a26.jpg

Coxy, i'm getting used to it a bit more, but I've not done much of it this week, thankfully there is no rush as its just for me. I've done another 5 stripes on my blanket, i'm so behind on the CAL :rotfl: My garden is a mud bath atm, constant rain doesn't help at all.

49410455546_bae9f39ef0.jpg

49409981148_dfeb6e5738.jpg
    Cross Stitch Cafe Member No1WIP: Cross Stitch: Seascape Kit - Crochet:
  • Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,912 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Thanks nmm. I hadn't thought about shaping handles in. What a brilliant idea. Loving this thread already, the house may get messy!
    Spend less now, work less later.
  • nmm
    Options
    Jazee, the handles were easy just do a chain and skip some stitches where you want them (mine were chain 7, skip 5 sts), then a round of single crochet going around the chain. Why do you think I joined Flylady my house is full of crafty clutter, haha
  • Coxy11
    Coxy11 Posts: 4,876 Forumite
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning all - happy Sunday :)
    I've had a busy week. Had to take DS1 to A&E on Monday as he had a severe eye infection. Now on steroid drops for 8(!) weeks. Been to cinema twice - Just Mercy and Bombshell - both really good. Novelty not wearing off just yet!
    I've started the 'R' of CHRISTMAS now. It's coming on quite nicely.
    Loving the baskets ladies, such a great idea.
    Nmm - have PM'd you.
    Have a good day all,
    Coxy x
    Cross-stitch WIP: Durene Jones Haberdashery Shop 365 1p challenge member No.6 Read 24 books in 2024 - currently reading Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn 12/24
  • nmm
    Options
    Coxy, your inbox is full so can't reply :rotfl: Hope your DS1's eye is not too bad now and that the drops are working fast. I rarely go to the cinema, i fall asleep during a 1 hour program i'd end up snoring during the film :o

Update on the Junction and my blanket. Managed another 5 stripes on the blanket seems to be limit atm, must try and do a bit extra on it. I've spent a couple of hours on The Junction, the evenweave is getting easier now, it will be a godsend when I start the petite stitches.

49445671403_73f0eed879.jpg

49446146056_47276a0417.jpg
  • Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,912 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Lovely things.

I have to own up here to not being able to crochet. My bowl was made by plaiting thin lengths of old fabric.

Am out today at craft club. We're working on a banner at the moment. At home I'm currently knitting squares .
    Spend less now, work less later.
  • nmm
    Options
    Craft club sounds fun, I have Knit & Natter tomorrow :)
  • Coxy11
    Coxy11 Posts: 4,876 Forumite
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi all,
    Just a quick post from the train!
    nmm I’ve made some space in my inbox! Sorry :)
    Very jealous of all the craft and knitting club attendance. I messaged my knitting friends yesterday morning from work. They are planning another community project which I hope to contribute to.
    Hopefully back on later with a photo!!
    Have a good day all.
    Cozy x
    Cross-stitch WIP: Durene Jones Haberdashery Shop 365 1p challenge member No.6 Read 24 books in 2024 - currently reading Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn 12/24
  • nmm
    Options
    Sorry for my late update post, went to knit & natter today, not much crochet done as we were having too good a time chatting away, my blanket is getting a bit big to take with me now, so i will pick a new project for next week.

49489575617_b0ae817d43.jpg

49489365221_72b9a6d394.jpg
  • nmm
    Options
    Just reading about the forum update coming soon this new feature should be useful for our posts :j
    You’ll be able to upload images directly in your posts rather than having to link to them from other image hosting services
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure