Breeze gone.

Comments

• NINJA59
    NINJA59 Posts: 115 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    I think some of this problem is down to simply giving a toss.

The chat facility is staffed by people in India, some of the contact centre I believe is in South Africa and if you are really bloody lucky you get someone in the UK.

BG just seem incapable of communicating properly. I have been told my supply is safe as there is no proposal date for supply takeover so the 6th feb just seems like !!!!!!!!
  • NINJA59
    Just had an email saying the 6th feb is my final day with them for the gas.

Sigh how incompetent are they will as I say chase them tomorrow...
  • NINJA59
    edited 20 January 2020 at 10:34AM
    Put your switch in everyone (should you want one), but be warned...

1) It could be rejected (for those that have contact the new provider and get them to submit your electricity which will switch over after your gas)

2) If it is rejected contact your new provider and get them to check the databases, chances are the gas will be faster as I have sort of said above). Chances are the same day or in the following days BG will change their mind and allow it :mad:

3) the telephone number on the email from British Gas saying sorry we are leaving you is in the UK, but is the wrong department shockingly and now I am waiting 15 minutes to ensure my electricity submit to change does not have the same farce as the gas.

4) communication is not BG's strong point what a surprise.:rotfl:

5) I now have (another) formal complaint against BG after dealing with a rude and abusive chat agent. You simply cannot write any of this nonsense!
  • NINJA59
    Another post sorry but I did not want to edit my other as I think this is really important:

Looking for a helpful team in BG?
    if you wish to speak to a helpful team at BG in the UK (Leeds) ask to be transferred to the Sales Complaints Team...far more helpful and resolved all the issues I had with my switch and dealing with the CS issues they seem to know more and actually have power to sort stuff.

I also can confirm the 28 days nonsense does not exist, British Gas blanket banned thousands of switches after accounts were allowed to leave whilst over 28 days in debt and impacted around 2000 customers and decided not to inform them...
  • katies_mum
    katies_mum Posts: 2,343 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    NINJA59 is your switch now going through for gas and electricity?
  • I just received this after ringing Yorkshire Energy and they said that initially the gas switch had gone through but the electric had been rejected last week.

Thank you for choosing Yorkshire Energy as your preferred energy supplier. When we tried to register your supply we received an rejection/objection from your current supplier. This has now been resolved and we have restarted the registration of your supply to ourselves and will contact you when we need a meter reading.
    Yours sincerely
    Thank You,
    The Yorkshire Energy Team.
  • NINJA59
    Katie's mum:

Gas sorted - 7th Feb Yorkshire Energy takeover.

Electricity - resubmitted today and should not be objected to (based on the conversation with the Sales complaints team - I suggest people get transferred here when talking to BG).
  • Thanks for the info Ninja59. I've just put a switch in to Octopus so judging by the problems others have had, I think this will come in very handy.

Incidentally, despite submitting meter readings 3 times to BG, they are still requesting them by 21st when I log into my account. Hopefully they are floating around somewhere within the organisation & will appear sometime ?????
  • NINJA59
    Their systems are slow. Speaking with the lass in the sales complaints team it is a known problem should we say. When I asked her about my readings first submitted on the 15th January they internally are there.

On my online account there is no meter readings.

For me this is one area where the small guys are just trouncing the larger ones or at least BG as meter readings are instantly there. I believe from reading that yorkshire energy like breeze could have your statement done same day and in some cases YE customers have had their statement 10 minutes after submission.

I just dont get the BG onlineaccount and the information in there seems disconnected from reality.
  • Zanzib
    Zanzib Posts: 5,375 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Slow is not the word.

The electricity reading I submitted FOUR days ago was not showing when I logged into my British Gas account to submit my gas reading today.

So I'm now going to start contacting my proposed new supplier and when BG try to prevent this all hell is going to be let loose.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback