Blue badge with lanyard

I have a blue badge but have heard that if you have had to leave your badge and clock in the windscreen of your car you could get a smaller badge with lanyard to use inside the venues etc, but I have forgotten the website?

Comments

• I've not heard of this, sounds interesting. What exactly do you use it for inside venues? If it's just for proof of entitlement to disability discount, so far I've found just a clear picture of my blue badge suffices.
  • 50Twuncle
    50Twuncle Posts: 10,763 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    sleepy14 wrote: »
    I have a blue badge but have heard that if you have had to leave your badge and clock in the windscreen of your car you could get a smaller badge with lanyard to use inside the venues etc, but I have forgotten the website?

Do you mean as proof that you are entitled to entrance discounts etc ?
    If so - you would do better photocopying your letter from DWP with your DLA/PIP rate on it !
    If not and you want to park your car inside venues - you will need a smaller vehicle
  • sleepy14
    sleepy14 Posts: 44 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Huray, I found it https://www.did-card.co.uk/ :T
  • mrcol1000
    mrcol1000 Posts: 4,789 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    That looks more like a simple way to make money out of disabled people.

This looks a bit more reputable

https://www.accesscard.org.uk/
  • Cyclamen
    Cyclamen Posts: 641 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Please don't pay out for a 'disabled proof' card in any form. It isn't necessary.

You could take a photo of your badge on your phone.
    Phoocopy your badge
    Or more simply take a copy of your PIP letter or bluebadge award letter if you don't have PIP.
    Do you have a disabled persons bus or rail card?

I carry a copy of my PIP letter for proof when asking for concessions. But have also used bus pass, rail pass.

Places do not usually expect you to remove bluebadge from the car.
  • sleepy14
    sleepy14 Posts: 44 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    I didn't actually end up getting any of these cards, so didn't spend any money. I am in an electric w/chair and do look disabled which I am, paralysed from the waist down with one eye and limited use of my left arm.

What I ended up doing was as suggested, copying my blue badge, laminating it and punching a hole through for the lanyard.

Thanks to everyone for your replies,
  • Cyclamen
    Cyclamen Posts: 641 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    I am glad you found a 'free' way.

I would be surprised if you were asked to prove disability if using a wheelchair.. i have never been asked although websites etc state everyone is asked for proof this doesnt seem to happen to me.

happy travels
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport