Brittany Ferries early booking discount

2019 deals on "Ferry and holidays"; 20% off crossings and accommodation when booked together with good prices on cabin upgrades, have been announced unusually early.

This means we can get our usual May break of 24-hour car crossings, bigger outside cabins and (for example) 7 nights in a very classy hotel in Spain for well under £1k for two, if booked by mid Sept 2018. The deal still works if you book as few as 3 nights inSpain or France and I assume it applies to cottages and casas.

Unusually early this year, as this discount window doesn't normally appear til November. In fact, in the past, BF have been much later in even loading the next year's booking calendar for all hotels.

Maybe they are trying to tempt those with pre-Brexit jitters to commit early? I bet that they will repeat the offer over the winter, but we'll bite their hand off now as it's such great value; just don't all rush to book our favourite Hotel del Oso unless you like peace and quiet, big dinners and walking in the still snow-capped Picos de Europa mountains

Comments

• AlexMac
    AlexMac Posts: 2,986 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Wow; I lied. Did I say £1 grand?

I just knocked off a booking for a week in northern Spain for May 2019 with the car, a night each way in an upgraded cabin on the Ferry to Santander plus 5 nights B&B in an upmarket Country House hotel... for under £700 for the two of us.

You can spend more than that for a week in a half-decent hotel in the UK- and that doesn't include a 1,600 mile cruise... Ole!
  • AlexMac
    Now I know you all think I work for this ferry company... but I don't!

So it gets better and better...

My "...week in a half-decent hotel and ... a 1,600 mile cruise" holiday turned into a 12-nighter; for the same "undr £700" cost.

In early May, three weeks ago, and two days before we should have crossed to Santander from Portsmouth, Brittany Ferries rang to say...

- "sorry; boat's bust; engine fire. Options? Refund, defer, or...drive through France. Can't guarantee return ferry either!"

So:
    - we left that night instead, with a comfy big cabin to Caen
    - they bunged us 2 more nights in their excellent hotels en route (so we could do the 750mile drive in 3 easy 4-5 hour morning thrashes on empty French and Spanish motorways) ,

Then, when predictably, the mended boat wasn't quite fixed
    - they bunged us three more nights in our favourite hotel in the world (del Oso, in the Cantabria mountains; swim in a heated pool below snowy peaks), prior to an alternative 24 crossing from Bilbao.

Talk about customer service! And if I'd been a right schnorrer, I could have claimed the £200 added fuel and toll costs on my insurance... but won't!

So I've already booked another September jaunt with all the mates who couldn't spare the extra days in May... and will hope that the engine-room grease-monkey (Graisse-singe?) drops another spanner in the works prior?
  • AlexMac
    2020 Hols are now on 20% discount... til early Dec 2019.

Same keen prices and apart from a deposit, you don't pay til a couple of months before departure
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure