<<<out of cheese error>>>

Comments

• NoOneAround
    NoOneAround Posts: 1,822 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Nearly missed the small print Redo! Almost worked ...;)

But they do sound just the thing....
    Feb2014 Total unsecured debt £72,520>>01/06/16 £68166>01/02/17 £66,600=8.18%PAID
    Mortgage Jan14=209,800 Jan15=£200,300 Jan17£180,700>OCT17 £170,200
    Health/Fitness Challenges Priority#1 Stay Fit and healthy - whatever it takes:)
    Wombling Free Cash May2016 £51
  • EssexHebridean
    EssexHebridean Posts: 21,349 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    :rotfl::rotfl: Step AWAY from the lovely fluffy jumpers Redo! :rotfl::rotfl:

Good progress on the list there .

If you get tough supermarket meat, try "mentioning" it with them tagged on social media - most will come back like a shot and resolve the situation with the goodwill offer of a voucher - which they should if they've sold you something that is pretty much inedible!

Hope the BB situation gets sorted soon - I can well imagine the restlessness of the natives!
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
  • They are nice jumpers, but I already own four of them, two bought on offer, and then two in the sales, so I resisted. I bought them for 'home' jumpers and got rid of the tatty bobbled ones that I had previously demoted from 'work' jumpers. They are long and warm so really useful, but not to the point that I need six.

Yes HHOD the moths ate my nice long line hush camel coloured cardigan. I've got some lavender sachets but as INOD says, only installed since the event so who knows if they work.

EH - I tend to vote with my feet, I'm banning myself form buying MrM meat after a few poor pieces lately. I did post about the vodafone problem over on the broadband board (I know they have a rep) but the only response was from people saying don't put others off moving service so i shan't bother again!
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,246 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    I don't eat meat myself but always cook Mr SA's meat in the slow cooker in case it's tough, even steak.

How you are with the jumpers, I'm the same with jeans :)
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • MrsChaos
    MrsChaos Posts: 2,069 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 25 January 2018 at 10:35PM
    Jumpers sound lovely. I'll have a look for some new ones next winter (unless I drop on something very bargainous in the sales). Only problem is that I hate washing woollies.

I exchanged a Christmas gift (slightly large gloves from M&S which I didn't really need for a nice, forest green woollie jumper, but I can't wear it at home because of the cats. Maybe sweatshirts are better for me.
  • I think I'm mostly just off meat at the moment SA, my default meal of choice is the carrot biryiani thing but actually eating meals would be good. I managed to find some slim straight leg jeans that fit this year, so I bought five pairs so just as bad with that too. Glad I did, they promptly discontinued them.

NOA the jumpers are just the right thing for me, and I do love them but I am terrible for buying jumpers and cardigans. Like the old one about never shop hungry, I should never shop cold.

Busy work day, sit in car for house, sit in meeting for hours, come home ring Broadband people. Make pathetic waily waily waily noises till they fix it. Tell the boys to stop moaning, people had lives before the internet. Climb a tree or something. Can't - need to watch a youtube tutorial first.

There are you tube videos about how to do a 'digital detox' - I kid you not!

Anyway, in theory its now my weekend, but in reality I have meeting minutes to type first thing so that the staff can be updated asap. OH got paid today, I get paid tomorrow so money moving around time tomorrow, hurrah, and the business needs to pay me end of the month too so I need to sort that while I am not sharing my trickle of internet with the boys in the daytime.

Tea, bath, book (I Capture the Castle - good reading for frugal mindset)
  • Right, best find something to watch and get on with the ironing. 'Body in the Library' beckons, I have the 80s Joan Hickson Marples on dvd. My mother used to iron to them on the TV in the 80s. Funny how life goes full circle sometimes.

OMI that’s me! I iron to the Poirets as well!:eek:

Sorry to read that the broadband probs are dragging on. Laughed though at the thought of using YouTube for digital detoxing!:rotfl:
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • Yes I like those too Seaside, I watched them before I read the books so the TV programmes formed the characters for me which helps.

Payday for me today so did the money shuffle. Dentists money into the savings, so it can come back out when it needs to. Over payment on the mortgage for the month done, rounded down to a whole number. Might do the same again once the monthly payment goes but I do need to focus on building savings rather than mortgage clearance. We could go back to famine quite easily at any given point, and my contract ends Feb.

BBand now off until Tuesday but we are at least now getting order confirmations and new hub delivery details through so a little more promising.

The tricky bit now is keeping focused on a frugal February and actually delivering on some of my plans. Remarkably little spent in Jan, have absorbed the tax bills and the huge dentists bill without touching the savings so I need to stop being meh that we haven't added to our reserves.

Made chocolate chip cookies tonight - raw dough was nice (butter/sugar/flour/milk) but the baked cookies are 'too crispy' says DS2, even on a short bake. Does anyone have a good 'supermarket chewy' style recipe for him to try?
  • MrsChaos
    MrsChaos Posts: 2,069 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    OH makes nice biscuits for our DS2, but they're probably still too crispy for yours. I'll ask him when I actually get to see him (church, 2 lots of tutoring and a quick shop on the way home, so I don't expect to have time for anything before 3.30pm).

You've done really well to absorb all those costs this month. Could easily have been a very different picture, so give yourself credit.
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,246 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    I think you've done really well finance wise for a January. I think a lot of people are just recovering from Christmas spends this month.
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure