PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

The Garden Fence - proper Old Style support and chat!

Comments

• ivyleaf
    ivyleaf Posts: 6,431 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Big (((HUGS))) fuds, I'll be with you in spirit today and tomorrow. There's not a single one of us who doesn't wish they could be there in person. xx
  • Huge hugs being sent your way Fuds and positive thoughts too.. Knowledge is power, so question them about everything and tell them any worries you have too.

My best friend is today having her 5th major surgery because of her advanced vascular disease and heart issues, she's 39 and was always told she was too young for this to be so advanced.. :mad: Currenlty medicated up the rear, she's coping well and very determined to prove all wrong about her diagnosis and use of her legs etc..
    I for one am hoping to be the first in the door with balloons and cake on her 40th at the end of this month..

Sending hugs out to all that may need one.. Perhaps a jelly baby or two as well (if I've not bitten the heads off:rotfl:) it's a gloomy old day here weather wise so off to hide my head in a book..
    "There's a little witch in all of us"🥰
    DEBT FREE 06/2018
    MrsSD 2023 Decluttering Campaign:
    🏅⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • silvasava
    silvasava Posts: 4,433 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Only just got my tablet charged up - you're probably in a waiting room Fuds - so bringing up the rear with the Garden Army to root for you today. Love & Hugs xx
    Small victories - sometimes they are all you can hope for but sometimes they are all you need - be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle
  • Thinking of you Fuddle. I have every faith you will cope with anything.x
  • fuddle
    fuddle Posts: 6,823 Forumite
    I should have known what day it was going to be when I tried to use my inhaler as roll on deodorant.

To cut a long story short that contains the word snow, I arrive at my appointment on time to have the date pointed out to me on my appointment letter 13th MARCH. Do you know how many times I've read that letter!? Not once did I take in the March bit. I am so very sorry to waste your lovely support. I am actually livid with myself. I don't know what on earth I think I'm doing at the moment but I don't like dropping the ball.

£6.50 bus fayre wasted. I'm mortifyingly embarrassed. I'm soggy and cold and I'm full of hell about the man who smoked in the bus shelter so I had to wait outside in the snow and also about mg neighbour who has shovelled all the snow from our path onto my garden and not a flake onto to his own!

I'm just full of hell fullstop. What a wally. :(
  • babs_103
    babs_103 Posts: 156 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Oh fuddle I'm so sorry about your day, it happened to me once so I kinda know how you feel. Marth 13th is my Birthday so I've got everything crossed that it's lucky for you too, I would offer you a virtual custard cream but I don't have any, so I shall send you a banana muffin as soon as they come out of the oven. xx Keep warm xx
    Quot Libros, Quam Breve Tempus

Illegitimi non carborundum

GNU Terry Pratchett

• nannywindow
    nannywindow Posts: 3,396 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Oh dear Fuddle ! I've done that too many times to mention. Please don't beat yourself up about it, tomorrow is another day and all that. I'm sure the support and love given to you on here will not wane, ever. My hug bucket is overflowing and so today they are all yours, I will refill it as necessary.
    nan
    Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, but this time more intelligently
  • All these things my pickle are sent to try us, it's just that some try harder than others!!! Poor FUDS, don't beat yourself up over it, it's just one of those things that happen when you're stressed and in a bad place girlie. Goodness knows the waiting until today must have been very hard to get through. Hang in there and go in March and see what they have to say. Needless to say you have all our love and support until, during and after the day of the appointment. Hugs and many of them love xxx.
  • silvasava
    silvasava Posts: 4,433 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    edited 13 February 2018 at 2:43PM
    Fuds - don't worry - all our love and support will still be there for the 13th. They say things come in three's so you've had yours for today - wrong day, inconsiderate man and neighbour.
    We've ALL done things like that because we have been stressed out. So just take your time now and B R E A T H E xxx
    Small victories - sometimes they are all you can hope for but sometimes they are all you need - be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413 Forumite
    First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 14 February 2018 at 9:47AM
    Oh fuds never mind honey you have shown you can do it and we will all be staring at the least next month to be there in spirit to egg you on. Now its feet up relax and a nice cuppa will make you feel human and warm again.

I am giving up biscuits and cake for Lent from tomorrow so I am making the most of today to help clear some of the stash :)
    How will I cope with my ginger nut bikkies with my cuppa:eek::eek::eek: I am going to be a grumpy old woman by April but hopefully a slightly thinner one :)

JackieO xxx
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure