caller id on landlines

2»

Comments

• darren72
    darren72 Posts: 1,288
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    I've been with Virgin Media for around 18 months. They have never charged me - They have it as a free add-on (but I think you need to request it) as their website shows it as a chargeable extra.
  • donnajunkie
    donnajunkie Posts: 32,412
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    edited 11 July 2018 at 11:11PM
    darren72 wrote: »
    I've been with Virgin Media for around 18 months. They have never charged me - They have it as a free add-on (but I think you need to request it) as their website shows it as a chargeable extra.

I doubt you get it free if they have a set charge. Perhaps certain packages have it included.
    I have found any extra we have had they charged for. We had call barring without asking for it and were charged. We had to ask them to remove it. Charging for caller id is ridiculous considering you get it free on mobile phones. And they wonder why so many abandon their landlines.
  • darren72
    darren72 Posts: 1,288
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    I doubt you get it free if they have a set charge. Perhaps certain packages have it included.
    I have found any extra we have had they charged for. We had call barring without asking for it and were charged. We had to ask them to remove it. Charging for caller id is ridiculous considering you get it free on mobile phones. And they wonder why so many abandon their landlines.

Definitely completely free. Never charged on any of the bills (and I check them carefully each month).
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure