TSB Interest Increased??

Options
14567810»

Comments

• Nick_C
    Nick_C Posts: 7,459 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    soulsaver wrote: »
    Well, not for me it doesn't, PC, Win10, Bing, Bullguard. Just links to the TSB ID PDF.

Could you post the url of the page you are taken to?
  • brassmonkey001
    Options
    I received £6.24 last month but only £6.04 this month yet my balance is never below £2000?
  • Terry98
    Terry98 Posts: 1,155 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I received £6.24 last month but only £6.04 this month yet my balance is never below £2000?

The interest is worked out on a daily basis.

So the £6.24 was paid for the 31 days in May and the £6.04 was paid for the 30 days in June.
  • veryintrigued
    veryintrigued Posts: 3,843 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options

Seems a waste of £500 not earning interest each month.
  • brassmonkey001
    Options
    Seems a waste of £500 not earning interest each month.

I move money into and out of accounts so I like to have a margin of error in case a payment is delayed for whatever reason.
    I've just aligned all my SOs to the 1st of the month so I should be able to reduce the margins now.
  • tempus_fugit
    tempus_fugit Posts: 1,189 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    It's worth noting that, even if it was https, it's no guarantee the site is secure itself. Just the connection to the site is. It's simply an encryption mechanism.
    True, but if it was a legitimate site it would at least be https protocol.
    Retired at age 56 after having "light bulb moment" due to reading MSE and its forums. Have been converted to the "budget to zero" concept and use YNAB for all monthly budgeting and long term goals.
  • tempus_fugit
    tempus_fugit Posts: 1,189 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    soulsaver wrote: »
    Well, not for me it doesn't, PC, Win10, Bing, Bullguard. Just links to the TSB ID PDF.
    Strange, for me it was a very dodgy page. Not sure why it should come up differently though. Unfortunately I didn't take a screenshot.
    Retired at age 56 after having "light bulb moment" due to reading MSE and its forums. Have been converted to the "budget to zero" concept and use YNAB for all monthly budgeting and long term goals.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure