500 deposit

Comments

• Dandytf
    Dandytf Posts: 4,812 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Thanks -The interest rate on your account will show as 0.10% until your deposit clears into your account. That will usually happen overnight on the day that you transfer the money to us, so if you check again the next day, your correct interest rate should show. Payments by cheque will take longer and will show once cleared
    Let's see if this changes from 2nd July
    Whilst rbs digi advised payment wont debit until 2nd July-I've re checked my new e savings account which shows 250 to be cleared.
    Replenished CRA Reports.2015 Zoe i nav -67-131 miles top charge. Savings depleted. VM Stream tv M250 Volted to M350 then M500 since returned to 1gb
  • Dandytf
    I've found some time to raise an e-enquiry with virgin money.
    Thought I've run it past mser's meanwhile.
    As I opened my savings acc Sat 29th June and deposited 250 uk pounds which is waiting to be cleared from rbs who dont allow debits sat or sundays.
    Is it therefore possible to make another deposit from July or do I have to deposit from August

Thanks
    S
    Replenished CRA Reports.2015 Zoe i nav -67-131 miles top charge. Savings depleted. VM Stream tv M250 Volted to M350 then M500 since returned to 1gb
  • badger09
    badger09 Posts: 11,201 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Dandytf wrote: »
    As I opened my savings acc Sat 29th June and deposited 250 uk pounds which is waiting to be cleared from rbs who dont allow debits sat or sundays.
    Is it therefore possible to make another deposit from July or do I have to deposit from August

Thanks
    S

If you made your deposit on 29th June, it should be credited to your Virgin account today, though it might not be visible online until tomorrow 3rd.

You won't be able to add your 2nd £250 until 1st August.
  • RG2015
    RG2015 Posts: 5,901 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    badger09 wrote: »
    If you made your deposit on 29th June, it should be credited to your Virgin account today, though it might not be visible online until tomorrow 3rd.

If the payment was made by Faster Payment on Friday 29th June it is possible that this date will show on the Virgin Money records. If it does show this date then further payments of up to £250 can be made on any dates in July.

Virgin Money can show uncleared transactions for a day or two but I cannot recall if is shows the date before it is shown as a cleared transaction.
  • Dandytf

Thanks means I have another few weeks and maybe I'll manage another 250 before setting up 50's per month.
  • Dandytf
    RG2015 wrote: »
    If the payment was made by Faster Payment on Friday 29th June it is possible that this date will show on the Virgin Money records. If it does show this date then further payments of up to £250 can be made on any dates in July.

Virgin Money can show uncleared transactions for a day or two but I cannot recall if is shows the date before it is shown as a cleared transaction.

Exactly is showing s awaitihng to be cleared on VM's site concern 29th June.
  • badger09
    badger09 Posts: 11,201 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Exactly is showing s awaitihng to be cleared on VM's site concern 29th June.

Thanks
    S

I've just reread, and had a quick look at the RBS FAQ on payments over the weekend.

I think you'll have to wait until you can see the date your £250 was credited in your Virgin account.

If it shows as credited in June, you'll be able to deposit another £250 any time in July.

If it shows as credited in July, then my answer above applies:cool:
  • RG2015
    RG2015 Posts: 5,901 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    I've just reread, and had a quick look at the RBS FAQ on payments over the weekend.

I think you'll have to wait until you can see the date your £250 was credited in your Virgin account.

If it shows as credited in June, you'll be able to deposit another £250 any time in July.

Why would the RBS weekend payments policy affect a payment made on a Friday?
  • Dandytf

Thanks maybe I'm being impatient, I was hoping to add maybe e another 50-100 today though if it is August then maybe I'll manage 250 if I behave myself.
  • Dandytf
    edited 2 July 2018 at 5:48PM
    RG2015 wrote: »
    Why would the RBS weekend payments policy affect a payment made on a Friday?

Friday evening was my deposit on account opening.
    2nd July was the on screen rbs message when the amount would debit from my account.
    If it was to another rbs account that would have bee faster.
    Remember rbs dont allow debits Sat+Sun I guess my deposit couldn't leave rbs and credit virgin on 29th June
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure