IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

No response to appeal then NTO after 4 months

Hi all,

I was given a PCN on windshield at 18:40 on a Fri 02 Aug with Contravention Code 01 "parked in a restricted street during prescribed hours".

The sign on that road was very confusing as it stated "Mon - Sat 10am to 4pm Pay and Display only Pay at Blue machine display ticket max stay 1 hour" therefore i thought it was ok to park there without a ticket at 18:39. After i got the ticket, i looked at the sign again and noticed in very small print and on a very small rectangular section right at the top it stated the following "mon - sat 7-10am 4-7pm" with an extremely small no parking icon.

See attached picture of the sign.SF3Wqzszp7g2Fsvt8

I then appealed against the ticket online as per the ticket instruction on 04/08/2019. I received an acknowledgement email. Since then i did not receive a reply until i suddenly received a NTO on 11/12/2019.

So my questions are:

1) How long do the council have to reply by?
2) Can the council send an NTO after 4 months 9 days or 131 days?
3) Where do i stand on the issue of the confusing sign?
4) Where do i stand on not receiving a reply to my challenge?
5) Acknowledgement stated that the enquiry should be placed on hold but the NTO states full amount of £110 is now due?
6) Can the council choose to completely ignore my challenge and now send NTO requesting full payment?

Any help will be greatly appreciated. I will wait for your responses before i send in my online representation.
Many thanks

Comments

• Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    As this is a council PCN then go to pepipoo fightback forums using a non Hotmail email address and post it in the council section on there

This forum deals mainly with private ones , not council
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 130,624
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    As Redx says, we major on private parking tickets here.

PePiPoo will be your best bet for council tickets.

Register there (but please note that a hotmail address won't work - try using a throwaway gmail account instead if you do have trouble registering) and post a new thread; here's your link:

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?act=SF&s=&f=30

Have a read through some of the other threads there before you post your own to get the hang of what information they need from you in your opening post.

But as a minimum you will need to post redacted photos/scans of all correspondence you've received from the council (both sides, if appropriate, even the back blurb on a PCN) as they need to see all the small print.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure