PPI claim anknowleged 24/7 - RBS say not rec'd till after 29/8

Options
A third party company started to investigate a claim for myself to which i rec'd an acknowledgemnt of action 24/7/19
Dear Mr *******

I am pleased to tell you that the process of claiming back compensation for your mis sold Payment Protection Insurance has now begun and our initial letter of complaint was today sent to:

The Royal Bank Of Scotland

Today i rec'd a letter in the post from RBS staing that my claim wasn't recd by them until after the deadlind 29/8 and will not be looked into.

Any advise please ?

Comments

• McKneff
    McKneff Posts: 38,823 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Ask the 3rd party. Just because they told you they sent it doesnt mean they did or it may have been delayed in the post.
    make the most of it, we are only here for the weekend.
    and we will never, ever return.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    It sounds like they took too long to get to the post office.
  • brettcta
    brettcta Posts: 4,693 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Yea, as above, looks like they’ve missed the boat.

No doubt they’ll deny everything and try to shift the blame to RBS.

Another success story for the CMC’s
    helpful tips
    it's spelt d-e-f-i-n-i-t-e-l-y
    there - 'in or at that place'
    their - 'owned by them'
    they're - 'they are'
    it's bought not brought (i just bought my chicken a suit from that new shop for £6.34)
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    brettcta wrote: »
    Another success story for the CMC’s
    Well to be fair the CMC potentially loses out too.

In the Op's shoes, I would be looking to appeal if he has a full documentary calendar of the complaint timeline.

Unfortunately, the Bank is not responsible for the (in)action of a third party and so any decision in his favour would be goodwill only and therefore extremely unlikely.
  • SonOf
    SonOf Posts: 2,631 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    The deadline was to get the complaint to the firm you are complaining about. Not to get it to a third party who has nothing to do with firm you are complaining about.

So, the CMC may have acknowledged it on the 24th July but it looks like they failed to send it to the firm before the deadline.
    Any advise please ?

If you are angry about the CMC and the fact they failed to carry out a simple instruction, then you can make a complaint about the CMC. It wont result in any compensation but it may get you £25-£100 in a goodwill gesture (probably need to go to the FOS to get that level as CMCs don't appear to understand the FOS yet).
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure