MSE News: Co-op faces customer backlash following bungled system upgrade

Options

Comments

• CooperativeEnergy
    CooperativeEnergy Posts: 28 Organisation Representative
    Options
    Just a quick update

I have contacted ofgem re my complaints about Co op energy 0n the 6th August... Ofgem has been in contact 12/08/2015 asking for any emails letters etc I have forwarded them on.
    On the the 1st 0f August I rang co op with my meter readings after they took them I informed the customer colleague of my letter to the CEO they put through to their "triage dept" I again informed them I had a complaint which had not been resolved they passed me to the customer service dept (lol Lol ha ha) I was left on hold a further 40 minutes and was disconnected not even getting through to the customer service centre. I have now racked up some 700 minutes trying to contact someone at co op ....
    Let us hope that ofgem does its job or the next port of call will be the local co op nominated MP

Peter Collins

will keep you updated

Hi Peter

I am truly sorry to hear you have had this experience with us.

To ensure I can be of assistance please forward your account details to [EMAIL="onlineenquiries@cooperativeenergy.coop"]onlineenquiries@cooperativeenergy.coop[/EMAIL] and I will escalate upon receipt.

Many thanks,

The Co-operative Energy
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Cooperative Energy. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • CooperativeEnergy
    Options
    lizzietwo wrote: »
    Thanks for the info' FOREVER21 - I also replied to one of their messages on the 7th August - I wasn't expecting any real action and it looks like I won't be disappointed.

Have still not had the promised response to my last phone call either.

Sorry to here this Lizzie, can you confirm the date your email was sent so I can look into this?

Many thanks,

The Co-operative Energy
    I am the official company representative of Cooperative Energy. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • lizzietwo
    lizzietwo Posts: 19 Forumite
    Options
    The email was sent on the 7th August.

Since then I have entered new electricity reading on 17th August and emailed to say that your website would not accept gas reading as it was obviously much lower than your previous estimate.
    Have received email this morning from Customer Services confirming that they have now input correct gas reading.

This has still not corrected account, as it has still not generated any charge for gas units used.
  • CooperativeEnergy
    Options
    lizzietwo wrote: »
    The email was sent on the 7th August.

Since then I have entered new electricity reading on 17th August and emailed to say that your website would not accept gas reading as it was obviously much lower than your previous estimate.
    Have received email this morning from Customer Services confirming that they have now input correct gas reading.

This has still not corrected account, as it has still not generated any charge for gas units used.

Sorry to hear this Lizzie. Would you mind resending the email to [EMAIL="onlineenquiries@cooperativeenergy.coop"]onlineenquiries@cooperativeenergy.coop[/EMAIL] and I will confirm receipt.

Many thanks,

The Co-operative Energy
  • peter.collins443
    Options
    Hi Peter

To ensure I can be of assistance please forward your account details to [EMAIL="onlineenquiries@cooperativeenergy.coop"]onlineenquiries@cooperativeenergy.coop[/EMAIL] and I will escalate upon receipt.

Many thanks,

The Co-operative Energy

Sorry this is now in the hands of OFGEM to be resolved. ... paper work and signed consent given

My issues started with the co op energy group in April of this year and still things have not been resolved.

I have even sent a letter of complaint the old fashioned by registered mail to the Chief exec of the co op and still have been ignored..

I have sent emails which have never been acknowledged ....

I have spent at least 700 minutes on the phone trying to get through to customer care and every time (different times of the day) i get to the front of the queue I was disconnected... without speaking to anyone

its time for the ombudsman to do his job .......

and time for the chief exec to apologise every month on the co op web site.. for the poor service given is put right........

Peter Collins443
  • simoncorkswill
    Options
    Sorry to hear this Lizzie. Would you mind resending the email to [EMAIL="onlineenquiries@cooperativeenergy.coop"]onlineenquiries@cooperativeenergy.coop[/EMAIL] and I will confirm receipt.

Many thanks,

The Co-operative Energy
    I am about to advise my daughter to cancel her direct debit with you , she has contacted on numerous occasions giving readings and you continuosly fail to produce a bill for her . Doing a brief sum I calculate she is in substantial credit , you are guilty of over estimating initial monthly charges , convenient I would say and then failing to produce the necessary documentation that would confirm this .

She has spent hours on the telephone , like many others , your telephone operatives seem to be completely useless backed up by equally useless middle and senior management .

Given that the ombudsman requires a deadlock letter and that would doubtless take many weeks to obtain , ceasing payment and pursuing you if you cast aspertions on her credit record seems to be a solution.
  • joolsmy
    Options
    Glad I viewed this thread - I've been having a nightmare with leaving the Co-op after moving house. Here's the message I've just sent the Co-op, you'll appreciate how long I've spent on the phone!:

"Here is a timetable of events:

20/07/2015 - moved home.

21/07/2015 - submitted meter readings by telephone.

25/07/2015 - Telephoned R** who had no record of my meter readings. Gave readings again. I was told I would receive a bill within 2 weeks and that I was in-credit by a substantial amount.

08/08/2015 - Telephoned S****** who told me there had been an error generating my bill but could not explain why nothing had been done to rectify it. She told me that she would generate my bill and I would hear from the Co-op with two weeks.

22/08/2015 - Telephoned J**** who gave me an explanation similar to Shanika's and, after some discussion, said he would generate the bill while I waited. After several minutes he told me he was unable to generate the bill because of technical issues. He told me he would forward my case to the billing team and noted that I was in-credit by a substantial amount. I asked him why I should expect that any further progress would be made on this occasion given that none had been made up until now. I requested that he register a formal complaint on my behalf. J**** said he would do this, checked my contact details and said that I should expect a telephone call within 72 hours.

I am sure you will agree the above constitutes an appallingly bad level of customer service. However, I have on all occasions been dealt with politely by the telephone staff who are obviously being badly let down by the rest of the organisation.

I believe the Co-op owes me about £2000 - please arrange for payment to be made within the next 72 hours."

Probably a complete waste of time but it made me feel better. I can see from the preceding posts that I've only just begun!
  • markpack
    Options
    In case you don't know - if your case isn't resolved in 8 weeks, you can go to the Energy Services Ombudsman. That includes if, say, Coop Energy simply doesn't reply to you - or if they do but don't follow through, get things wrong etc.

So at least the clock has started ticking down towards when you can go to the Ombudsman!
  • joolsmy
    joolsmy Posts: 6 Forumite
    Options
    markpack wrote: »
    In case you don't know - if your case isn't resolved in 8 weeks, you can go to the Energy Services Ombudsman. That includes if, say, Coop Energy simply doesn't reply to you - or if they do but don't follow through, get things wrong etc.

So at least the clock has started ticking down towards when you can go to the Ombudsman!
    Interesting point. They never have replied to me, I've been chasing them.
  • CooperativeEnergy
    Options
    joolsmy wrote: »
    Glad I viewed this thread - I've been having a nightmare with leaving the Co-op after moving house. Here's the message I've just sent the Co-op, you'll appreciate how long I've spent on the phone!:

"Here is a timetable of events:

20/07/2015 - moved home.

21/07/2015 - submitted meter readings by telephone.

25/07/2015 - Telephoned R** who had no record of my meter readings. Gave readings again. I was told I would receive a bill within 2 weeks and that I was in-credit by a substantial amount.

08/08/2015 - Telephoned S****** who told me there had been an error generating my bill but could not explain why nothing had been done to rectify it. She told me that she would generate my bill and I would hear from the Co-op with two weeks.

22/08/2015 - Telephoned J**** who gave me an explanation similar to Shanika's and, after some discussion, said he would generate the bill while I waited. After several minutes he told me he was unable to generate the bill because of technical issues. He told me he would forward my case to the billing team and noted that I was in-credit by a substantial amount. I asked him why I should expect that any further progress would be made on this occasion given that none had been made up until now. I requested that he register a formal complaint on my behalf. J**** said he would do this, checked my contact details and said that I should expect a telephone call within 72 hours.

I am sure you will agree the above constitutes an appallingly bad level of customer service. However, I have on all occasions been dealt with politely by the telephone staff who are obviously being badly let down by the rest of the organisation.

I believe the Co-op owes me about £2000 - please arrange for payment to be made within the next 72 hours."

Probably a complete waste of time but it made me feel better. I can see from the preceding posts that I've only just begun!

Hi there,

Please forward the details of your complaint to [EMAIL="onlineenquiries@cooperativeenergy.coop"]onlineenquiries@cooperativeenergy.coop[/EMAIL], along with your account number and your phone number or email address, and I will escalate this upon receipt.

I look forward to hearing from you and helping to resolve your issue.

Many thanks,

The Co-operative Energy
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure