Help please if you can

Options
Hi again
I posted a few days sgo about my SMP coming to and end.
Anyway thanks so much for all of your replies.
It has now been decided that I will not be returning to work.
Therefore only my hubbie shall be earning and we now are able to say this shall be 14,500 a year.
Like I said I tried emailing and phoning our CAB but as its 25 miles away and they havent replied to my email as yet im not holding much hope.
We have a mortgage of around £320 a month. Do you think we may be able to get council tax credit?
Or maybe anything else? Ive tried the entitled to site but its showing up weird figures for us.
I phoned the inland revenue and was told that this yesrs entitlement was based on last years earnings. So next years will be based on this years when weve both been working, so thats going to bump up what we had.
I was also told by a fellow board poster this is incorrect.
But as of mid March our household shall have an income of 14,500 a year.
I hope someone may be able to help
Thanks
Mad Mum to 3 wonderful children, 2 foster kittens and 2 big fat cats that never made it to a new home!
Aiming to loose 56 pounds this year. Total to date 44.5 pounds 12.5 to go. Slimming World Rocks!

Comments

• Becles
    Becles Posts: 13,166 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    I don't think you will get any council tax help. My annual income is less than yours and I have a bigger mortgage but I'm not entitled to any council tax help (single mother, 2 children).
    Here I go again on my own....
  • Fran
    Fran Posts: 11,281 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I know I'm repeating myself, but I do think you should try to get through to CAB on the phone if you can't get there in person as the situation is quite complicated. If not CAB are there any other Welfare Benefits advisors in your area at all? Perhaps an internet search would bring up something that is closer than 25 miles so you could actually speak to someone in person?
    Torgwen.......... :) ...........
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport