rules for holidaying in UK on JSA?

Whats the rules on this. One week holiday which spans a signing on day. Is it a simple process?

Comments

• Allexie
    Allexie Posts: 3,460 Forumite
    Quite simple....well sort of!

You are allowed 2 weeks hols in this country...have to supply the address of where you will be and have to report to the Job Centre on your first day back. Ask them for the form...it explains it all.
    ♥♥♥ Genius - 1% inspiration and 99% doing what your mother told you. ♥♥♥

• dave96
    dave96 Posts: 23 Forumite
    Allexie wrote:
    Quite simple....well sort of!

You are allowed 2 weeks hols in this country...have to supply the address of where you will be and have to report to the Job Centre on your first day back. Ask them for the form...it explains it all.

Unfortunately I'm camping in Scotland, so can't supply an address as I don't know where I'll be on a day to day basis.
  • Fran
    Fran Posts: 11,281 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Someone I know went on a camping/fishing holiday and as they didn't have a mobile phone or contact no. (they were moving around campsites) they couldn't give contact info. They were still able to go away and it didn't affect their claim. (That's not to say that every Jobcentre will necessarily be like this.)
    Torgwen.......... :) ...........
  • dave96
    dave96 Posts: 23 Forumite
    Sorted without problems. I did not have to leave an address, just a mobile contact number, (which is pretty pointless as mobiles don't work where I'm going).
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure