Advice required for cooporating with HMRC field force debt

Options
A4anxious
A4anxious Posts: 1 Newbie
edited 15 September 2018 at 11:03AM in Debt-free wannabe
Hello all.

Long story short: In the last three weeks I have had a letter from HMRC reminding me of an unpaid debt for £8k. I knew this was coming and have been saving with the intention of paying as much as I could. I then had a phone call and made payments of £6.5k to whom I believed to be HMRC officers. WRONG! I was a scam victim. I made push payments to fraudsters and as such am unlikely to recover any of the money I have lost.

To make matters worse. Today I have received a letter from 'Force Field' demanding immediate payment of the (still unpaid) £8k debt. Now, I did notify HMRC, along with the police and Action Fraud regards the fraud. I have crime numbers and such.

I would like some advice please, on how to approach the Force Field officers, and what are my options regards offering an upfront payment, followed by weekly/monthly amounts?

I simply can not pay the complete debt atm. All the money I had was transfered to the fraudsters, I literally emptied every penny I had to them.

I have worked like a dog since and managed to get my account back to £1k. Which I can offer to Field Force right away. I could realistically offer them say £150 a week. Maybe more, but it depends on business volume. I am self employed and as such can only earn as much as the jobs I get allow me.

What's worrying me the most: Them taking my van, which would in turn lose me any opportunity to earn money and make any future payments.

I can pay the debt if they allow me ectra time (remember, I did pay £6.5k to the fraudsters), I have a good business. I was sloppy in the past and burried my head in the sand, that's how I got into this position. I have turned a corner since and WANT to pay the debt, and if they allow me a reasonable opprtunity (time) I will be able to.

Uh. My head is spinning! Since I got scammed I have been on edge. I feel so stupid for being scammed, shakey and on the verge of panic attacks - the breathing thing.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for taking the time to read through my problem.

Love & light.

Comments

• Working_Mum
    Options
    I had a visit from the HMRC 2 days after my husband left advising i.owed £36k so I know how you feel.
    Tell the HMRC that the van is on a lease - I came clean with the guy who visited and he was very supportive within the co fines if his timescales.
    So be honest I them,show the proof of what has happened.
    Are you a Limited Company and what is the amount owed for ie Corp tax or personal tax or vat?
    You have more time than you think if things do escalate - get the correct bank details and keep chipping away would be my advice.
    PM me if you wish and I can share a little more about what happened with me.
    You can get back up straight but.you need to be determined!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure