Ppi on mortgage but not accepting any wrong doing

Hi I contacted my old mortgage provider ( Dunfermline now Nationwide) , they accept that there was ppi on our mortgage but won’t accept any wrong doing as it happened 6 years ago and they believe I should have complained at least 3 years after. I wasn’t aware at that time about complaining. Should I go to the ombudsman as they do accept we had it?

Comments

• It's not somehow "wrong" to simply have insurance. If you want a refund you have to show how the policy was mis-sold to you.

Sounds like you are time-barred anyhow and will therefore have no access to the Ombudsman.
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,316 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Ppi on mortgage but not accepting any wrong doing

Not unexpected. Most MPPI complaints fail.
    You can still buy MPPI today. One of two types of PPi still available as it wasnt viewed as one of the bad types.
    they accept that there was ppi on our mortgage

It isnt a matter of acceptance. If you had it, you had it. Its not a confession.
    but won’t accept any wrong doing as it happened 6 years ago and they believe I should have complained at least 3 years after.

So actually, they are not rejecting your complaint. They are refusing to consider your complaint as they are timebarring it under the FCA 3/6 year rule.
    Should I go to the ombudsman as they do accept we had it?

Your wording suggests you seem to think that having MPPI is wrong. It is not. Like any product, it could be missold but unlike loan PPI or credit card PPI, most MPPI sales are not classed as missales. So, you need more than just having it as a reason.

However, the FOS cant consider the complaint if the timebar is valid.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure