Bulk LPG - Cheapest suppliers / supply route?

Comments

• Hi there
    Avanti Gas offered me 35.9ppl for bulk LPG due to being out of contract with them and while i was making my mind up they sent me a letter stating that my gas price (and all other customers) would be rising by 10.5ppl due to oil price increases. Is something that any other Avanti Gas customers have experienced lately or is it just an Avanti Gas sales technique to get me to sign up?
    I have shopped around and they seem to be the cheapest.
    Would appreciate any others experience of this.

Cheers Mark
  • Mister_G
    Mister_G Posts: 1,925 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    All I can say is that my LPG price has been 30ppl for the past 3 and a half years now with my local independent.

I spoke to him the other day and he said that the price to him had remained pretty stable over that period.

So someone is telling porkies!
  • Hi , so I'm in the process of getting site surveys done for the lpg bulk tank etc, this is all new to us and we have never had lpg before and thanks to this forum I'm gathering info as I go along..
    Can anyone pass on any comments good or bad for Countrywide LPG...it's one I have lined up
    TIA
  • J_B
    J_B Posts: 6,435 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Hi , so I'm in the process of getting site surveys done for the lpg bulk tank etc, this is all new to us and we have never had lpg before and thanks to this forum I'm gathering info as I go along..
    Can anyone pass on any comments good or bad for Countrywide LPG...it's one I have lined up
    TIA

Have you thought about oil instead? :)
  • My capped period with Avanti ends 30th September. From the tenor of recent threads I anticipate a huge jump in price.
    Has anyone any result from challenging them?
    Grateful for all information/advice and I will continue to report on my progress.
  • Chubbs85240
    How did you get on?
  • HELP !!!
    How do you copy (in pink) the previous post to which you are replying.
    Apologies for being a bit of a dinosaur!
  • So, Flogas strikes - I probably should have been expecting it...

Contract signed end of 2017 with them at 32.0ppl 'fixed' for 12 months and 'capped' at max increase of 5ppl in year 2 - not bad I thought so I took it (via LPGSave who facilitated the deal).
    Last week letter from Flogas telling me price is to go up by 10.5ppl from October 1st quoting the usual stuff about wholesale prices rising etc etc. Obviously I am fighting this but it is beginning to look as though all 2 year LPG contracts have the supplier-loaded get out clause regarding rises in wholesale prices (which are virtually impossible to us to check...) which effectively enables them to break any contract-agreed pricing and charge what they like - how can this be deemed fair???

Does anyone have any idea whether there has been a massive increase in LPG wholesale pricing since the turn of the year - the quoted monthly Woldlink price (kindly posted by various members on this Forum) does not appear to support this (was 32.1ppl in Jan and in Sept is 33.65ppl)?
  • AdrianC
    AdrianC Posts: 42,189 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Wee_jock wrote: »
    HELP !!!
    How do you copy (in pink) the previous post to which you are replying.
    Apologies for being a bit of a dinosaur!
    Look at the bottom of a post. There's two "speech bubble" icons. One's orange and a single bubble - that quotes that post.
  • I successfully challenged FG earlier this summer when they wanted to impose a 10p rise in the second year of my 2 year contract. I quoted clause 8.3 of my contract requiring them to give details of the relevant Platts index to justify any increase beyond 5p/litre. As they had not done that they backed down and merely added the contractual 5p/litre increase!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback