CCJ is it possible to reduce settle before?

Options
2»

Comments

• the_JHD
    Options
    Yes it says £5 per month. I was debating is it worth trying to pay it all off this month but I have a £3k tax bill due end of January and it would potentially affect me paying that instead
  • Just_Di
    Just_Di Posts: 385 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    the_JHD wrote: »
    it says £5 per month. I was debating is it worth trying to pay it all off this month but I have a £3k tax bill due end of January and it would potentially affect me paying that instead

I'm not really the best person to answer your question (others on this forum can/will).

I just try to demystify the legal process and explain how it can impact on you.

You need to establish which is more important to you: dodging a CCJ on your CRA file or facing the potential legal wrath of HMRC if you have a debt to them.

I hope I have explained your (possible) legal position albeit I'm not aware of the full facts.

Can you post the sums involved and any information about other debts you may have?

Di
  • the_JHD
    Options
    Just_Di wrote: »
    I'm not really the best person to answer your question (others on this forum can/will).

I just try to demystify the legal process and explain how it can impact on you.

You need to establish which is more important to you: dodging a CCJ on your CRA file or facing the potential legal wrath of HMRC if you have a debt to them.

I hope I have explained your (possible) legal position albeit I'm not aware of the full facts.

Can you post the sums involved and any information about other debts you may have?

Di
    Sorting my tax out is priority as I know they don’t mess about! All my other debts I am on top of, this one is for £2450. As much as it annoys me I am probably better off leaving the ccj on my file, saving up and sorting myself out. It just happens this has come at the same time I am going through a divorce and becoming the main carer for my two children, so it has got to me
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure