No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries August 2018

Comments

• Thanks for the thread. I think it's going to be interesting. I'm in.
  • VALM
    VALM Posts: 5,832 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Gave away 3 bottles of perfume to my friend at work today. L'occitane Violette and something other : I bought this, didn't like it and gave it to Emma and she has now decided that she does not like it. Jean Paul Gaultier Classique mini : we had one each. I've used mine up and am not that keen. L'Occitane Verbena mini : came as a GWP. Again, tried it before and not in love.
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • asajj
    asajj Posts: 5,123 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Rampant Recycler
    sstevo19 wrote: »
    Two UUs this evening:

Superdrug Vitamin E Moisture Boost Serum 50ml WNBA. I couldn't use this on my face because of the fragrance. And it contains dimethicone which I'm avoiding. Glad it's gone.

What is wrong with dimethicone if you could let me know please? I use this serum from time to time too but can't say i'm well educated on ingredients.
    ally.
  • VALM
    VALM Posts: 5,832 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    I hit pan yesterday on my Benefit Boing concealer.
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    asajj wrote: »
    What is wrong with dimethicone if you could let me know please? I use this serum from time to time too but can't say i'm well educated on ingredients.

Anything that ends in 'cone' is silicone which I believe can block the pores.

No uu here but a few things are moving along nicely.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • sstevo19
    sstevo19 Posts: 1,493 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!

Dimethicone is a silicone. There's no harm in using them, and if you skin doesn't react to them, then you're fine. But my skin seems to be breaking out a lot lately from using a product with Dimethicone in it accidentally. I'm just trying to avoid them to stop my breakouts.
  • sstevo19
    One UU this morning:

The Body Shop Almond Milk & Honey Body Butter 50ml WMBA. This was nice but I'm glad to be able to start the Shea Body Butter. I've missed it.
  • sstevo19
    One IN today:

Nivea Pearl and Beauty Deodorant 50ml

I'm nearing the end of my current deodorant so this is ready for when I finish my current one.
  • asajj
    asajj Posts: 5,123 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Rampant Recycler
    dolly84 wrote: »
    Anything that ends in 'cone' is silicone which I believe can block the pores.

No uu here but a few things are moving along nicely.

Never knew that :rotfl: thanks!
    sstevo19 wrote:
    Dimethicone is a silicone. There's no harm in using them, and if you skin doesn't react to them, then you're fine. But my skin seems to be breaking out a lot lately from using a product with Dimethicone in it accidentally. I'm just trying to avoid them to stop my breakouts.

I have some hormonal acne that keeps flaring every now and then but i will keep an eye on products and see if it impacts me. Thanks!
    ally.
  • sstevo19
    I have some hormonal acne that keeps flaring every now and then but i will keep an eye on products and see if it impacts me. Thanks!

I normally only have a small hormonal breakout the week before, or the week of my period. I accidentally used something with it in for a week or two and I was confused why my chin was covered in spots. Re-read the ingredients list and bam, there it is.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure