Sky TV retention deals ( post your haggling successes )

Comments

• You on 75% off? We're in the countryside so I can't threaten to go elsewhere - no fibre/poor download speeds. How do you get such a good deal?

I always cancel every year and wait for the deals. Last year after I was cut off I received an email offering the full package for £20 - it's the people like me that can live without sky that usually get the best deals, but for that price it would be rude not to !!!

My box went faulty a few months ago and they came out and replaced it for no charge :D
  • Looks like the 60% is on again, I've just been offered it but for the moment sticking with Now Tv is cheaper for me.
  • teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,471 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 26 September 2017 at 4:39PM
    hpmann wrote: »
    I always cancel every year and wait for the deals. Last year after I was cut off I received an email offering the full package for £20 - it's the people like me that can live without sky that usually get the best deals, but for that price it would be rude not to !!!

Same here. I was quite prepared to stay away and had even ordered an new HDMI cable for the Humax,as I thought I'd lost the other (which was actually still attached to the Humax socket).

A brilliant deal again or I will stay away. At the moment there is a lot of good free to view tv and I'm not finding time to watch all their recordings, films (many of which I give up on),as well as Sky original programmes. Besides which there are lots of books and knitting to catch up with.

I do like the Sky box's system of mixing recording, catchup and out of date , though, but the Humax's fast forward and rewind is faster as well as there being a slower than normal speed .available.
  • Yes, I knew that (having Boxsets myself) but @irishdonkeys said they were dropping Sky Sports but were offered 2 prices with and without HD which I've seen before and never quite understood.

The £30 a month offer was for the basic variety bundle so you only get hd on things like films or terrestial channels. The box sets bundle gives you hd on all channels available. It annoys me they are still charging extra for hd. I was offered an extra £1 discount yesterday but told them no and continuing with cancel until a better offer
  • JP1901
    JP1901 Posts: 36 Forumite
    Does anyone ever get it to work? Every time I go online to do it it is always showing as busy :mad::mad:

I am trying to get a decent deal to go back - atm we have NOW TV after cancelling Sky - just want the variety package, cheapest we have been offered is £16 a month..I was hoping they would come below £15
  • Our package is £107 per month for everything, including phone and BB. phoned to cancel and got it all including anytime calls for £72 for 12 months. Not as big a saving as sum but still £420 for the year. I like having my Sky so perhaps not as pushy as others, and don't want to have to go to BT. no Virgin in our area either so that's no good.
  • teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,471 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    The £30 a month offer was for the basic variety bundle so you only get hd on things like films or terrestial channels. The box sets bundle gives you hd on all channels available. It annoys me they are still charging extra for hd. I was offered an extra £1 discount yesterday but told them no and continuing with cancel until a better offer

According to the website Variety only includes the 11 free to view HD channels.

I have Boxed Sets (with HD) and Cinema at the moment (but not much longer unless by some miracle they make another excellent offer), so get other Sky channels and films in HD and 3D.

I asked on Sky's forums, for confirmation that I wouldn't be able to watch films in 3D, if I downgraded to Variety and it is true. However, someone said you would still be able to watch films in HD as they no longer appear in SD, but that is not so, as they are available in SD or HD, some in SD, HD or 3D.
  • Just agreed full TV foe £32 a month (think that's 60%) plus 25 credit. Though I'm not sure where the credit can be seen as I can't see it anywhere not eve on future costs.

Also upgraded to sky fibre max which comes with sky q hub and free installation and delivery for 30 a month including line rental. I think this is a standard deal though.

I did try to haggle for a Sky Q 2tb box but he wasn't having any of it ��
  • Wallhart wrote: »
    Just agreed full TV foe £32 a month (think that's 60%) plus 25 credit. Though I'm not sure where the credit can be seen as I can't see it anywhere not eve on future costs.

Also upgraded to sky fibre max which comes with sky q hub and free installation and delivery for 30 a month including line rental. I think this is a standard deal though.

I did try to haggle for a Sky Q 2tb box but he wasn't having any of it ��

Sky Fibre Max - Vodafone are currently offering up to 76mb for £24 a month with no setup fee.
  • Wallhart
    Wallhart Posts: 240 Forumite
    edited 28 September 2017 at 11:27AM
    Yes but I prefer sky customer service and it was cheaper than bt.

The Vodafone deal is an excellent one and tbh probably should have used it as a further bargaining tool and 3ven maybe switched.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback