Starling Bank features

Options
Hi, I am doing a piece of research on mobile banking and I would like to ask to all users of Starling Bank a quick question!
"What features would you like to see in the app that are not currently available?"

Thanks a lot!!

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Do you work for Starling?
  • Marta_Bascunan
    Options
    No I don't I am just doing research in different mobile banking apps and I am trying to learn what people think some banking apps lack.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Interesting that you're only mentioning Starling though.

This really belongs on the general discussions board, if at all really
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Well I really dislike app-only banks. Why limit options? Other banks have both.
  • Marta_Bascunan
    Options
    Because I have not met anyone face to face that uses Starling Bank, I have met a lot of people that use Revolut and Monzo. That is why I am posting this question in pages like this :)
  • penners324
    penners324 Posts: 2,734 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I found Monzo very basic compared to Starling. I'm now mostly Starling, income in, all bills out.
    I'd like them to offer a credit card that's about the only thing I reckon.

Starling are better for travelling as well.
  • Shashy
    Shashy Posts: 139 Forumite
    Options
    I use Starling and love it, but there's one thing that does annoy me.

The parameters for your monthly spending are fixed to the calendar, and can't be changed to a manual window (i.e. payday to payday) so some of your spending from pay day (say the 28th onwards) appears in the previous month's spending analysis.
  • EarthBoy
    EarthBoy Posts: 3,040 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    PAYM & cheque imaging (for paying cheques in).

Monzo don't have these either.
  • bd10
    bd10 Posts: 347 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I love their EUR account. Pretty sweet! Disclaimer: I don't work for them just transferred from my GBP a/c I have with them to the EUR one as I'll have to make a payment in EUR in the next few days.

They advertise that one gets the "real" exchange rate. Being a cynic that I am (having read too many times on so many platforms that they offer the "real" rate...), I checked the real time whole sale rate on the Reuters terminal I have in the office. And lo and behold, they quoted the stop rate within 0.0001 - 0.0002 from the wholesale rate. That is really impressive.
  • IvanDP
    IvanDP Posts: 231 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    We use Starling purely as a travel savings/spending account, so would like to see a credit card available for larger purchases (flights, hotels, etc)
    The money is in the account, so we would not be borrowing on the card but it would give us the assurance of section 75 protection on larger purchases.
    We currently pay for the larger purchases with another credit card which is paid off with money in the Starling account so it is not really a game changer, but having all our travel/holiday finances dealt with through 1 account would be very convenient.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure