Dreams and wishes....

Comments

• Kittikins
    Kittikins Posts: 5,335 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    DD, KW and I had a fab time last night - we've recently initiated him into playing a card version of Monopoly - we HIGHLY recommend it; it's fast, you can be mean, and easily portable! One of our best memories is playing Monopoly in the Italian town of Monopoli :)

Last night we played Monopoly, some card games, Uno and an old board game that my brother and I used to play, called Enchanted Forest. Thankfully, we had enjoyed a movie night on Thursday, so no one felt hard done by :):)

DD plays Candy Crush and a Harry Potter game on her phone, but now we've got the lovely sofas, she's downstairs with us a lot more, which is fabulous, and I'm really making the most of her wanting to spend time with her mummykins again.

KW is the gardener, I'm just the one who says "Oooh, that looks nice, can we get one?" He's out now with the local sustainability group, putting soil into planters by the library ready for free crops to be grown. Then he'll be home and planting out the strawberry, tomato and other plants we bought on Friday :)

I'm procrastinating and avoiding work..... :(
  • Kittikins
    The 3 of us went away for 5 days to very sunny north Devon, bliss! I booked it last year with a 10% discount on my town's FB group, as the owners of the lodges used to live near me :) We were a bit worried that our kitties would give us the hard shoulder as we put them in a cattery for the first time, but no, they still love us just as much - we had one snuggled up under the covers with us when I went to sleep and the other sleeping at our feet!!

We did spent probably a bit too much, but also managed to make some savings - we went to the amazing Eden Project using a 10% off voucher for DD and a buy 1 get 1 free card from Gardener's World for us :)

Now I'm back at my desk trying to get work done before going back to school on Tuesday...
  • savingwannabe
    savingwannabe Posts: 16,610 Forumite
    Hurrah for the holiday to Devon. The Eden Project is wonderful. I really enjoyed it when I went a few years ago.

I have some marking to do to. I might leave it till tomorrow. lol. :rotfl::rotfl:
    Aiming for a minimal spend 2022
  • Kittikins
    I've still not started mine....!!
  • savingwannabe
    I totally understand. It is glorious outside and you need to spend memorable hols with lovely family and DD. Hurrah for fabulous holidays. :T:T:T:j:beer:
  • Kittikins
    Sadly, I spent a lot of yesterday working - there's always so much to do and I do work better under pressure! Less faffing, but I wish I could be more strict with myself!!

Anyway, it was still a lovely day and I'm feeling excited about the summer term :) It's a short week and I've got all afternoon PPA on Friday as the rest of the school's going for a walk, and am out Thursday afternoon on a course, so it'll just fly by.....
  • savingwannabe
    Hurrah for a nice week. I hope today went well for you too. Only six weeks till the next break. :j
  • savingwannabe
    Hope you and the family are well Kitty.
  • Kittikins
    Hello lovely SW, we're doing really well thank you - I forgot my password and had major troubles getting back in, so recently have been reading bits on the 'new' site rather than my far more user-friendly green pages.

Anyway.....I have rather exciting news, KW asked me to marry him on 5th November !! :) It was our anniversary and he did the whole bended knee and gorgeous ring business. I was so surprised and delighted, and can't stop smiling and feeling so excited about it.

DD is very excited for us, and both sets of parents are happy about it - such a change from me compared to my first wedding........and such a relief!

We're going to open a savings account to start saving for the wedding, not that it's going to be a fancy or big do, just that we need to think about getting a new boiler before long, and no doubt a gazillion other things, so having funds put aside for our nuptials will be safer as we won't dip in to the pot.

I'm going to be Mrs Kittikins-KW when we get married - my class are already calling me Mrs Kittikins rather than Ms, lol.
  • savingwannabe
    Holy moly what wonderful news. HUGE HUGE congratulations! So good to hear from you and then this. You have cheered me up. So glad the family is supportive. Huurah for savings towards the wedding. Am soooooo chuffed. We have missed you. My screen is still green I dont want it to change. If you are able please post as you are lovely. So happy for you Mrs KW Kittikins.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport