PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

The Garden Fence - proper Old Style support and chat!

Options

Comments

• Softstuff
    Softstuff Posts: 3,086 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Fuddle, I'm sure she'll be fine, after all, you're taking wonderful care of her. She might just take a little longer to settle is all.

Sorry you're suffering Hester, have you had any ultrasound guided HCLA injections? We do them very regularly at work for folk with just that issue, it works in a fair number for at least 6 months a pop. Might keep you able to be on your knees for a bit longer :p

Mardatha, I'm now visualising you as Jamie Lee Curtis. I seem to be in the minority with longer hair now I had to grow it. I got sick and tired of being taken for a man. On one occasion I was washing my hands at a sink in the ladies, another lady came in, screamed, and ran out. A moment later she came back and said "Oh, I'm sorry, when I saw you I thought I'd walked into the gents" :o All I can say is there must be some fellas walking round with hellish manboobs nowadays :rotfl:
    Softstuff- Officially better than 007
  • monnagran
    monnagran Posts: 5,284 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 22 February 2018 at 4:21AM
    Options
    Oh Fuddle, she is growing up fast. For the first time she is having a little grieve for the loss of the familiar, even the bad familiar. As soon as she has made a friend or two she will be fine, and it sounds as though there is at least one caring soul there. By next week everything will be less new and uncertain and she will be back to her bubbly self. Give her a big hug from me.

softstuff, you do make me laugh. I had a friend once who had the same trouble simply by virtue of being very tall. I could never understand it as she had long curly hair, was stunningly beautiful and, as you say, was certainly not lacking in the balcony department.

I've had a couple of those injections in the past for a frozen shoulder, only ultrasound was not involved. It was guided by my doctor marking the spot with a cross drawn with his biro. Very effective though.

I had a real cba day yesterday. I'd intended to press on with getting things made for the Wake next week, and putting them in the freezer. In the event I pottered around doing nothing significant at all. Today I have a hair cut this morning and my neighbours funeral this afternoon. This will involve 2 trips to the village, 4 miles walking and not much being done at home again. Actually I may get a lift up to the funeral, DS2 would like to go if he can fit it in with picking up Pickle from school and another neighbour has offered. We'll see.

Just now I'll be reading a chapter or two of my book and then trying to get back to sleep.
    I believe that friends are quiet angels
    Who lift us to our feet when our wings
    Have trouble remembering how to fly.
  • Hard_Up_Hester
    Options
    All I get from my Dr is ' What do you expect at your age.' I've been suffering with this since I was 40!
    Fuddle I'm sure she will settle in soon she has you as a great example to follow.
    Chin up, Titus out.
  • monnagran
    monnagran Posts: 5,284 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hester, it's not good, if there is something out there that will give you some relief, not to let you have it. Unless the doctor suffers it as well, they will have no concept of how it impacts on your life. Particularly on older people who set great store on their hobbies, probably it's the first time in their lives they have had the time to indulge them.

I don't like the look of the weather next week. I have been pretty miserly with heating so far this winter but I think that I am going to have to bite the bullet and turn it up a notch if the predicted low temperatures actual occur.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

The biggest communication problem is that we don't listen to understand. We listen to reply.
    I believe that friends are quiet angels
    Who lift us to our feet when our wings
    Have trouble remembering how to fly.
  • Hard_Up_Hester
    Options
    Hair, I used to have very dark hair, when I started to go grey I tried dying my hair back to its original colour but looked like Morticia Adams. When my then husband wanted to start wife swapping he bought a cheap blond dye that ruined my hair and made me look like Worzel Gummidge.

As for old age, I have diverticulitis, de quervains, cataracts, macular traction, I wear two hearing aids and thanks to my ex husband having polyembokoilamania I have been left with other health issues.
    Chin up, Titus out.
  • Softstuff
    Softstuff Posts: 3,086 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Monna, giving someone a chuckle with my misfortune turns it from a misfortune to a fun story... which is fortunate really, cos there's a few! The shoulder is an easier one to inject, bigger area, doesn't matter as much how specific you are. Getting to the right spot for hands is a bit more like threading a needle. For those folks that the injections work for, it's a bit like a miracle cure, glad it worked for you.

Hester, I'll take you to my gp if you float over. He sees someone elses "can't be fixed" as a personal challenge. Seriously though, might be worth getting a second opinion if that's possible, you might not have to live with it. And I had to google that last one... yikes :eek:

Well, I went to the docs for the results of my tests. I have obstructive sleep apnea, but it's fairly unusual. Most people are worse on their backs, but mine simply doesn't occur when I'm not on my back at all. I have nothing on my sides, but when I'm on my back it's severe, the longest episode was over 80 seconds not breathing. No wonder I feel rough. In any case, the solution is easy, I just have to stop rolling onto my back, cue a creative sewing session. Also no alcohol within 4 hours of bed (not a problem) and need to drop 10-15 kg (doc reckons this will happen naturally if I can avoid stopping breathing). Phew.

Anyhoo, another fun story, just for Monna. I popped outside the other night to the garage. As I stepped out the back door, a gecko fell off the roof down the back of my nightie. I didn't know what it was at the time, just knew there was something down there, so I flung off my nightie and danced around nude like a madwoman. I turn around and see hubby just grinning at me through the patio doors.... and we reckon the next door neighbour will be getting a quote for a taller fence too :rotfl:
    Softstuff- Officially better than 007
  • fuddle
    fuddle Posts: 6,823 Forumite
    Options
    Hester, I googled. I'm back in my pink lala land box. I dunno what to say :(
  • nursemaggie
    Options
    OMG hester There is nothing I can say about that.

monna Yesterday I was asked in a survey "Will you be turning off your heating for the summer soon?"

I said "NO"

I was then asked why not. I am not in the habit of swearing in surveys but I could not resist this one.

"Because it's bl00dy freezing" I ought to have told him or her that summer does not arrive before the end of June in these parts."

A couple of days ago DS remarked when we moved here we moved from one of two places that claim to be the sunniest in Britain to the wettest.
  • MadamMim2013
    Options
    As for old age, I have diverticulitis, de quervains, cataracts, macular traction, I wear two hearing aids and thanks to my ex husband having polyembokoilamania I have been left with other health issues.
    :eek: to the last one!
    Hester... Go for a second opinion if you can, no one should be able to hold your health to ransom as they simply think it's your age! I shall now count my blessings that I only have the autoimmune conditions I do.. The last dr I saw on tues said I just need to get on with life as its all my job and because I'm a carer.. :mad:.
    Sorry, I've forgotten who said "they have no idea how it impacts your life as its not happening to them" is quite correct and some doctors seem to lack any empathy at all..:(
    Softstuff wrote: »
    Anyhoo, another fun story, just for Monna. I popped outside the other night to the garage. As I stepped out the back door, a gecko fell off the roof down the back of my nightie. I didn't know what it was at the time, just knew there was something down there, so I flung off my nightie and danced around nude like a madwoman. I turn around and see hubby just grinning at me through the patio doors.... and we reckon the next door neighbour will be getting a quote for a taller fence too :rotfl:
    :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    Oh goodness Softstuff, that has made my morning, haven't laughed so much in ages, thank you.. Even coughed and spluttered, neighbour wondered what on earth I was doing stood in the front room laughing, coughing and looking like I was having a fit! Made them smile too so it's a double win!:D
    "There's a little witch in all of us"🥰
    DEBT FREE 06/2018
    MrsSD 2023 Decluttering Campaign:
    🏅⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Hard_Up_Hester
    Options
    Yikes indeed, he once took me for an overnight stay in a hotel, he had a bag of rice, a large parsnip and a crepe bandage in his luggage. I took painkillers and I got a boll***** for being a frigid spoilsport.
    Chin up, Titus out.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure